Guest thun712

Floodlights and Commands

Guest thun712

Hello all,

I have just added my first car ever to the game (YAY) and I wanted to add floodlights to it. My base model is the TEC Transport SUV and I want to add a "Light ON/OFF" Command to turn on some side Floodlights kinda like the ambulance in Hoppah's LA Mod. I do not care for any lifting lightbar, obviously. I just wanted to add some features of the more advanced mods to the game and this got me stomped. If it matters I am modding 911:First Responders.

Merci

Guest Utrechtterror

:welcome: thun712!

When you go to edit > lights, you will see different types of lights you can choose. Brake light, headlight, blue light etc. You have to press the 'Special Light'. Then place them ;)

The command needs to be added in the editor too ;)

Guest thun712
:welcome: thun712!

When you go to edit > lights, you will see different types of lights you can choose. Brake light, headlight, blue light etc. You have to press the 'Special Light'. Then place them ;)

The command needs to be added in the editor too ;)

Okay, I revised my settings and I believe that I have both lights set to "special". I also added the LightON/OFF commands to the model. I try to test it in game and I click the the on command and nuthin happens !?!

Also I realized that I stupidly set my headlights to be on all the time instead of just night time, but now the night time option is grayed out and I can't change it!

Sorry to be a pain, but here is third question: WTF do the "light polygons" do?

EDIT: Okay, a fourth thing... All my vehicles when my mod is loaded are called like ID_something_something, actually everything is ID_something_something...

Thank you very much for the help. I will keep trying and maybe a mod will come out of this, YAY :happy:

Guest thun712

Hi again,

I've checked to headlights in-game and it seems that it does not matter whether "night-time" is checked or not. They only turn on at night.

I am not off trouble thought:

• I still can't figure out how to get the floodlights to come on
  • Everything is still ID_something
  • I still don't know WTF light polies are
  • My SUV's door won't open when people get in/out.

*sigh*

Okay. I did finish re-texturing it for the Police Dept. I will post a pic when I figure out how.

First-time mods are so problematic aren't they?

Any help is appreciated!

post-1395-1188701822.jpg

As for the unit names, my tutorial can help you:

click

I just hope you made all changes in a mod folder.

About your floodlights problem:

You can copy the floodlights script for my mod to yours.

Emergency 4/Mods/Los Angeles v1.3/Scripts/Game/Command/LAFloodLights.script

That script has two new commands: VcmdFloodLightsOn and VcmdFloodLightsOff

You only need to assign VcmdFloodLightsOn to your vehicles. :)

There is a language file (commands.xml) which can be used to make up a proper name for the command (that tutorial about adding vehicles will explain about language files too).

Light polygons can be used to make lights a more LED look. Especially at dark they look great. It is a bit difficult to add them.

About your SUV: There are door types: Person, Equipment, Special....

You have to use Person now.

If it's still not working, change the vehicle type.

Hoppah

Guest thun712

Thanks a lot Hoppah!

I managed to get the door fixed. I am also not using any LEDs so I need not worry about the polies. I am still working on that floodlight command. I added the script you told me (I think :gruebel: ) and I edited that commands name in the language file, but the lights still won't activate. I was tired this day so I will give it a rest and come back to it.

I've had no luck with the ID_something stuff, but once again I will come back and hopefully see a different perspective.

Thank you though! Now I know what to look for!

Thun

P.S. I WAS using your tutorial to add this car. I must've messed up somewhere.

Guest chevyrulzs2010
Thanks a lot Hoppah!

I managed to get the door fixed. I am also not using any LEDs so I need not worry about the polies. I am still working on that floodlight command. I added the script you told me (I think :gruebel: ) and I edited that commands name in the language file, but the lights still won't activate. I was tired this day so I will give it a rest and come back to it.

I've had no luck with the ID_something stuff, but once again I will come back and hopefully see a different perspective.

Thank you though! Now I know what to look for!

Thun

P.S. I WAS using your tutorial to add this car. I must've messed up somewhere.

hey man for whats its worth dint get down and give up u have made great strides in becoming a modder and just speaking from experiance this stuff can be hard and sometimes i want to through my comp through the wall but i wish i could help you but like i said for what its worth you are doing very well for a first timer i still get lost doing stuff in the editor but i sure do love playing with the lights making cool flash paterns no if only i knew how to model and skin i would be set