AgentSmith6

Skinning Question

Hi all,

I finished a skin of a Boston Municipal Police (a Crown Victoria, used with permission from Hoppah and Lashout) car with gimp 2 and then exported it as a .dds file using the .dds converter from this download center. Everything is fine, except the door is still a LAPD door (which can probably be resolved by finding someone who has zmodeler and politely asking him/her to skin for me) and that the tail lights are white for the most part, but the edges of both edges are red. Any help on either issue is much appreciated. BTW, I'm recruiting for the boston mod. If intrested, please PM me for details.

http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bmpdey3.jpg

Guest Utrechtterror

This means the path is wrong.

If you add the VC to your mod, the door problem should be solved I believe(not sure). This happens because you change the .dds in the La mod folder.

That door has still the texture of the LAPD car.

If the .v3o file of that door is unlocked you can change the texture naam with Notepad or Wordpad. :)

My tutorial explaines this too:

http://www.emergency-planet.com/index.php?...le&artid=11

step 11 and 12

I don't know why the tail lights are white, but I suppose you made a mistake in the texture.

Thanks, both of you for your insight, this is my first true attempt at a mod, so I might need a little more help.

@ Hoppah, that was my first assumption, but I have the same problem with my MSP car, and that worked perfectly in EM3 without that problem. I'll figure it out eventually. :1046275747_biggthumpup: