Guest kparsons34

Help with adding traffic lights

Guest kparsons34

Can anyone help me with adding traffic lights into the freeplay map. how can I add some traffic lights onto the map so vehicles will stop in front of the fire station? I cant seem to get the lights to work or the cars to stop. Any help would be awesome.

Kenneth

ok what you need to do is

1.place your lights(i know i know duh?)

2.(going in a clockwise motion) click light properties of the first light

3.name that light 1_1_1 the first 1 is the light set(all 4 or 3 or however many you have) the second 1 is the order in a clock wise motion, and the third is when it will operate.

4. so what you should have is this

1_1_1-light 1

1_2_2-light 2

1_3_3-light 3

1_4_4-light 4

this is if you want them all to work seperatly, if you want east/west to go at the same time and N/S

then it will look like this

1_1_1

1_2_2

1_3_1

1_4_2

see what i mean

5.next you need to go to virtual objects

6.don't change anything just pick add

7.now make a box prior to the light about 2 cars long x the width of the road(very important make sure nothing is in the box ie:traffic light, parked cars-has to be empty)

8.name that virtual object

traffic_1_1

9.then work your way around

traffic_1_2

traffic_1_3

traffic_1_4

10.then start over with the next light set

2_1_1

2_2_2

2_3_1

2_4_2etc

sounds like a lot but just play with it takes a bit of work, just remember nothing in the box.

another little tip is the more cars you can fit in the box length ways the longer the light will be. ie:4 cars in the box-4 cars go through,1 car in bx in car through etc.

Even better; I made a video. Will edit post later when it's done/uploaded to Youtube.

EDIT here's da video:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />