Guest ComputerCop

M14: Freeway tunnel crash

Guest ComputerCop

Alright, I'm a little stuck on this mission. I don't want a walkthrough, just a hint or two.

First thing I did was send several LAFD crews (all with oxygen masks) to the scene, along with two mass casualty units. Sent two LAPD patrols too, just in case we had to keep the civilians back.

The fire crews start putting out the flames and pulling victims out for EMS crews, and a car or two did blow up because I didn't bring enough trucks/crews to cool them, but then the real problem came when the damn tunnel entrance collapsed!! :angry:

Luckily, no personnel were hurt, but now I got a smoke-filled tunnel with my fire crews trapped inside (with no paramedics), and the other end of the tunnel, there is no way to get to it from outside except by helicopter. I had called a USCG chopper already, and now the first question I have is: How can I stop that stupid tunnel from collapsing?!! Or do I just send as many fire crews as far in as possible to avoid them getting hurt, and then dig out the debris?

The other question I got is: (fires are all out or almost out at this time) The tips say (in broken English) that the tunnel's ventilation system is defective, and that there is a way to fix it. I thought to myself, "well that explains why none of this smoke is clearing even though the fires are out!" - I tried to lower an engineer from the USCG helicopter to the ventilation fans on the roof of the tunnel, and it wouldn't let me. The only way to get up there is by helicopter, right? He certainly can't climb up the mountain! So if the engineer can't fix the fans from the roof, where are they fixed from?

Guest Utrechtterror
How can I stop that stupid tunnel from collapsing?!!

You cannot.

The other question I got is: (fires are all out or almost out at this time) The tips say (in broken English) that the tunnel's ventilation system is defective, and that there is a way to fix it. I thought to myself, "well that explains why none of this smoke is clearing even though the fires are out!" - I tried to lower an engineer from the USCG helicopter to the ventilation fans on the roof of the tunnel, and it wouldn't let me. The only way to get up there is by helicopter, right? He certainly can't climb up the mountain! So if the engineer can't fix the fans from the roof, where are they fixed from?

Inside the tunnel there's a door you need to enter. It's on the right-hand side ;)

Guest ZooChase

It helps if you get the 2 people out of the way of the collapse before it happens. You don't need any cops but you will need a crane and 2 tow trucks after the collapse.

To get the smoke out there is a door with a YELLOW LIGHT ON TOP OF IT or when you enter the tunnel press on the ENTER BULDING BUTTON and you should see it.

To get the smoke out there is a door with a YELLOW LIGHT ON TOP OF IT or when you enter the tunnel press on the ENTER BULDING BUTTON and you should see it.

Scroll down and you will see it.

For some reason I can't post the website. Whenever I post it, it changes to www.emergency-planet.com

The walkthroughs can be found on the right side of the page ;)

Mission 14 isn't mentioned yet. But there are some tips in the FAQ.