Guest Maarten.Provo

Another Crash to Desktop (Em4 -Deluxe)

Guest Maarten.Provo

I've purchased a new notebook but I can't run Emergency 4 deluxe. When starting I get a black screen, it blinks a couple of times, then crashing back to desktop.

System Specs for Acer Aspire 5920

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 (2.00Ghz)

RAM: 2 GB PC667 (2x1 GB, expandable to 4 GB)

Harddisk: 160 GB, 5400rpm

Screen: 15,4', CrystalBrite (glare), 1280x800

Graphics-adapter: Nvidia Geforce GO 8600 GT, 256 MB dedicate, up to 1 GB Turbocache

Webcam: 0.3 megapixel

Network: IEEE 802.11n, Bluetooth, Gigabit Ethernet

DVDdrive: DVD-super multi layer

Robson Turbomemory: 1 GB installed

Sound: Dolby Home Theater sound with built-in subwoofer

I've spent some time reading the posts on the forum, so far I've updated my graphics-driver with laptopvideo2go (this version is more recent then the one acer supplies). I've setup em4deluxe.exe to run in Windows XP-compatibility mode and disabled UAC.

Attached EM4-Deluxe logfile

Guest Maarten.Provo

From the command line client I executed 'start /affinity 01 Em4Deluxe.exe' in the EM4-folder. But the results stays the same. Black screen that blinks a couple of times and finally crashing to the desktop.

Attached created logfile after running this command

?VVideoTexture::InitTextureRenderer(): could not find output pin [80040216]

!WARNING: global listener object is still registered! Unregister listener before destroying object!

I would suggest you download the latest stable drivers from the nvidia site and install those.

If this doesnt work, do you have some mobile sotfware installed? (samsung pc studio for example?)

Guest Maarten.Provo

I googled that 'start /affinity 01 Em4Deluxe.exe', it should be the command to run it on one core. Emergency 4 crashes before I can set the processor affinity through task-manager.

Guest Maarten.Provo

The latest stable drivers from Nvidia give me an error telling me the setup program could not locate any drivers compatible with my hardware. The drivers supplied by acer are older than the ones from laptopvideo2go and give the same error when starting EM4Deluxe.

Mobile software: birdiesync (syncing smartphones with thunderbird) & windows mobile devices (new activesync for vista)

Guest TR_Bluntâ„Ã

I have simular probs with my geforce 7800 gtx...

At the moment im on the driver 93.71 (less crashes)...cause with 94.24 and the newest 162.18 ,i crash more..

...im not gonna include any log files,cause its the same as people posted here... :)

I just wait patiently for a solution...its prob some weird software i installed recently..

Greets Blunt

Hey Maarten, maybe I can help you, it's been a month since you posted or maybe even have solved the problem, but do you have Icon in your icon tray to the bottom right hand corner on your screen called Nvidia Control Panel?.

Guest Utrechtterror
Go to Nvidia settings Panel

Under where it says,

Select a Task, 3D Settings, Manage 3D settings

Click

Program Settings

Do the following...

Click ADD

then add EM4.exe from the folder which it is contained in...

scroll down to,

Conformant texture clamp to,

Use OpenGL specification

and then also set,

Extension Limit to,

On to OFF...

Click Apply and try and launch the game....

hope it works...it did with me....

Quote is from lo-fi from another topic

Good luck :)

Guest Maarten.Provo

To bad, it didn't work. But thanks for trying to help out anyway. It did something good alright, the screen fades black and than displays a gray square, I think to play one of the video's, and than the crash to desktop.

Before this it just faded black without the square.

The logfile shows, my very irritating 80040216-friend

The same error as before

Notice: I've switched to Vista Ultimate, did a clean install. And installed and ran EM4 immediatly after installing all the drivers and my security suite. So it does not appear to be related to some software application that is installed on the computer.

Quick question, I hope this isnt a illegal version of the game, as pirated (i dont like that stupid term but it sums it up pretty well)? If you know the answer to that is yes then you're wasting my time along with others and as well as yours....

BUT, if not....check these few options out.....dont know if you've already tried them....

Have you tried the Resolution Fix?

Resolution Fix <------ Try this

And also give a quick read on this topic with crashing problems, it might be copy-protection software related,

Click here for this topic

it might be related to your ANTI-Virus program as well, have you tried that fix by turning it off and launching the game?

Try those...... might have few more options we can try until youre the point of nowhere and then you have to contract Atari Tech Support....

hope those work....