Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest Tomato

Fantastic work as usual Hoppah! Looking good!

Quick question about freeplay... is it possible to remove the little video of the man and the german callouts and just replace it with a beep or alarm of some description?

Guest andrewonice

Wow didn't expect an update so soon. I was kinda hoping the heavy equipment squad would be in the second fire station, but it is great anyways! :) I guess this is the new building you told us you were adding to 1.7

Amazing! btw where is the firestation in the normal EM4? Is it in top right corner?

That's where it looks to me.

New station looks great Hoppah, great work. I personally would use the USAR truck more than the HAZMAT, but whatever you decide will be cool with me.

It's not in the top right corner. On the north side of the map you had trees and a house next to the railroad tracks.

I removed some of the trees, added a road and the fire station between the railroad tracks and that house. :)

I didn't add the USAR squad to the station, because the USAR squad has the exact same functions as the LAFD engines. Not really usefull I think.

HAZMAT squad has different functions. I was also thinking of adding the Mass Casualty Unit to the station instead of the HAZMAT squad, but the MCU doesn't exist in real life, so I decided not to.

@ andrewonice:

The heavy equipment squad is Los Angeles Country Fire Department. I don't think LACoFD vehicles and LAFD vehicles are stationed togother. :)

Holy shit.. I can't believe how sexy 1.7 is going to be, especially those new missions! Wow.. great job. I really hope this comes out before summer ends (I doubt it but still :P) so I can play all day lol.

Information about the second fire station:

- An ambulance, fire engine and a HAZMAT squad can be parked inside the station.

- The battalion chief is able to call for a HAZMAT squad now.

- Command 'Call a HAZMAT unit' added to control panels.

- Battalion chief will try to call vehicles from the closest fire station first.

- Vehicles will try to park at the closest fire station first.

First off all great improvements!

Since you are working on the second station I would like to make a suggestion concerning the first station (I know wrong topic). Would it be able to line up the two fire engines behind each other so that an extra spot would be open for a equipment vehicle. It would be very usefull as a vehicle to send to accidents, suicides, dive calls etc. while the pumpers still remain available for fighting fires.

It's just a suggestion, since I saw you were working on it, thought you could think about it while you were working on it.

greetz,

Wow didn't expect an update so soon. I was kinda hoping the heavy equipment squad would be in the second fire station, but it is great anyways! :) I guess this is the new building you told us you were adding to 1.7

Nope, I used one on the original Emergency 4 buildings to make this one.

The new building is really new.

Changing the video's would take too much time.

Guest andrewonice
The heavy equipment squad is Los Angeles Country Fire Department. I don't think LACoFD vehicles and LAFD vehicles are stationed togother. :)

Ah okay, I didn't even think of that. :blush:

Hoppah, great work as usual ofcourse, but wouldn't it be better if you use the campaign freeplay map as new freeplay map, and build there new stations? Because thats one is bigger, en the default is kinda boring and small.

Hoppah, great work as usual ofcourse, but wouldn't it be better if you use the campaign freeplay map as new freeplay map, and build there new stations? Because thats one is bigger, en the default is kinda boring and small.

great idea

News about v1.7!

I have alot of news for the next version of the LA mod. :)

I'll start with small new addations and changes I made in the last 2 weeks.

1. USA-Skin-Pack by Kowalski added.

2. Walter gave me a nice new skin for my soldiers. They wear the Army Combat Uniform (ACU) now. A Screenshot:

acuyc0.th.jpg

The rappeling soldiers and the civil soldiers (the unplayable versions) have a similar skin.

3. Armed Arrest script improved; Arrest command cannot be executed on shooting suspects anymore.

Right after release of 1.6 I start working on new missions. I already have finished the first new mission for 1.7! Screenshot:

em4deluxe20080705211014ml5.th.jpg

Thanks to MikePhotos for the text.

I'm already working on the second mission. That mission will look like the President mission in the EM3 version of the LA Mod, but will have a different story, different objectives and a different way to finish it. I will post more news about that mission when I have finished it.

I've saved the best news for last. It took me a few weeks (already started working on v1.7 before release of v1.6), but I managed to add a another fire station to the freeplay maps! Some screenshots first, then information. Normal freeplaymap:

em4deluxe20080714171821cc4.th.jpg em4deluxe20080714171836mh0.th.jpg

Deluxe freeplaymap:

em4deluxe20080717193826gz7.th.jpg

Information about the second fire station:

- An ambulance, fire engine and a HAZMAT squad can be parked inside the station.

- The battalion chief is able to call for a HAZMAT squad now.

- Command 'Call a HAZMAT unit' added to control panels.

- Battalion chief will try to call vehicles from the closest fire station first.

- Vehicles will try to park at the closest fire station first.

More news soon!

Hoppah

and we wonder why people keep constantly asking when the mod will be released (not that I'm saying that asking that question is okay.)

One quick question, what did you decide to do with that script of having the cars pull over for the emergency vehicles?

and we wonder why people keep constantly asking when the mod will be released (not that I'm saying that asking that question is okay.)

One quick question, what did you decide to do with that script of having the cars pull over for the emergency vehicles?

If I recall correctly he said that it in its current form is to simple and buggy to be used.

Guest GB619

Being a complete virgin to the EM range of games,i love it,and the MOD that you have done hoppah is awesome,the only problem is,when ever an emergency arises in freeplay,i have so many vehicles to choose to send it make my head hurt,and another version coming soon,yikes,i must play 1.6 lots b4 you release the next one,what a star you are,and where wud games be without modders like you... :1046275747_biggthumpup:

@ andrewonice:

The heavy equipment squad is Los Angeles Country Fire Department. I don't think LACoFD vehicles and LAFD vehicles are stationed together. :)

While we're on that, are you planning on making an LACoFD engine? I don't really mind, but i'm just asking.

I'm actually gonna do that, once I get the dds file open i'll Skin that as well as some other suprises I am working on to maybe present to Hoppah to give the mod some more fun, and less work for him.

I am a good skinner to maybe we can working same?:)