Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

I like the new fbi units =)

Hoppah, did you ever plan to convert some of the em3 la mod missions to em4 ?

Ground texture & scripts (apart from some small changes) should work in EM 4

I loved the "protect the president" mission

Regards,

Woltep

Guest lord_bonev
I like the new fbi units =)

Hoppah, did you ever plan to convert some of the em3 la mod missions to em4 ?

Ground texture & scripts (apart from some small changes) should work in EM 4

I loved the "protect the president" mission

Regards,

Woltep

Yeah :) Maybe and freeplay map pick up from EM3 and paste to EM4

PS: But this is for suggestions to new mod, not here

1. Besides using the scripts I can't convert missions to EM4. The president mission was a HUGE amount of work to add all those people. But the idea is nice, since I already have the scripts. :):)

2. lord_bonev, do you have ANY sense of how much work that might be? Woltep already said you can copy the ground textures and scripts from EM3. THAT'S ALL! Do you want to copy the 100's of objects from EM3 to EM4 and make new prototype files for EACH model?? Place them on the map too. Then add the triggers, paths, streets, virtual objects, spawning points, waiting points and events. Don't forget to test. Kthxbye ;)

3. The new lightsbar are probably for 1.7. That current lightbar from MikeyPI has too many polygons in my opinion, so I need a better one.

4. Steady burns don't have a pattern, because they don't have a flash frequency or offset.

1. Besides using the scripts I can't convert missions to EM4. The president mission was a HUGE amount of work to add all those people. But the idea is nice, since I already have the scripts. :):)

2. lord_bonev, do you have ANY sense of how much work that might be? Woltep already said you can copy the ground textures and scripts from EM3. THAT'S ALL! Do you want to copy the 100's of objects from EM3 to EM4 and make new prototype files for EACH model?? Place them on the map too. Then add the triggers, paths, streets, virtual objects, spawning points, waiting points and events. Don't forget to test. Kthxbye ;)

3. The new lightsbar are probably for 1.7. That current lightbar from MikeyPI has too many polygons in my opinion, so I need a better one.

4. Steady burns don't have a pattern, because they don't have a flash frequency or offset.

so there arent going to be the new lightbars?!?

No, I want to improve all MX7000's with MikeyPI's one. Look here for more info:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=3885

@ zootoo:

Read my post again!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I can't fucking promiss anything. I DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL BE ADDED TO 1.6 (LAST MINUTE)!

That's why I said the word 'probably'. Jeez.... Time to go back to school and learn learding?

No, I want to improve all MX7000's with MikeyPI's one. Look here for more info:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=3885

@ zootoo:

Read my post again!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I can't fucking promiss anything. I DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL BE ADDED TO 1.6 (LAST MINUTE)!

That's why I said the word 'probably'. Jeez.... Time to go back to school and learn learding?

okay. didnt mean to piss u off. and i still am in school soo.....

THREE CHEERS FOR HOPPAH! Looking great man. Super excited. Everything in this mod looks so cool. I know it may be a little much, but could you make a trailer for 1.6? Thanks and sweet job!

emergency4freak

this is apparently a 1.6 trailer, but i dunno

this is apparently a 1.6 trailer, but i dunno

Nooo, trailer as in it shows like the stuff in the mod, and like the vehicles at accidents and such. Or just a lot of screens :D I love screens haha :P Great work Hoppah and MikeyPl!

As promised, the next update:

I made a new sniper rifle command for the FBI agents. :)

The sniper rifle is a H&K PSG-1. Picture:

hkpsg1co2.th.jpg

The rifle works different than the sniper commands for the SWAT agents. First of all, the FBI agent lies down while he shoots.

While the agent is lying down with his rifle a complex angle culculation is used so he can't shoot people who are behind him.

Second, the rifle shoots further and is stronger. To make it more fun, I've added a 'random code' so the sniper can either injure or kill the person or even miss the target when it's far away. :1046276313_Up_to_something:

Next thing. I've finished the '07 Tahoe for the FBI. According to MikeyPI these kind of SUVs don't have much lights, so it has flashing grille lights only. The car has 5 doors (3 of them will be used) and can transport up to 4 agents and 3 detainees. To make it more special, the PSG-1 sniper rifle can only be taken from this vehicle. I can't remember if I have told this before, but there are two FBI agents. One with a tactical vest and one without. The one with tac vest is able to use the sniper rifle or a MP5.

And finally, an ingame screenshot showing the new sniper rifle commands and '07 Tahoe:

screen06sc5.th.jpg

Credits go to MikeyPI for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe model.

Hoppah

Hoppah, just found these specs for a few some covert Federal Gov't response SUVs. they're not the same type of Suv as the one your making and I don't know if they are used for the FBI, but I'm just passin info on to you.

Federal Gov't covert responce vehicles

The FBI Tahoe is a 2007 Tahoe, one which I personally have not seen in service yet, chances are they have not gotten them yet. The vehicle you described in the link is from a Fleet Service Vehicle Dealer, they prep the vehicles for service in various places, typically not just federal agencies. That vehicle is a Chevrolet Suburban, while they are commonly used in the Federal Government agencies, there is no rule that says because one fleet dealer says they supply agencies that they all must use them. The US Gov. buys things from all over the place, while I myself have not seen a 2007-8 Tahoe, I have not seen a new Suburban yet either so I have no idea if or when they will pick them up. The FBI Tahoe in the game was done along the lines of a what if? type of deal since nobody anywhere has produced a definitive FBI truck yet that is 2007 we had to speculate at best if they used the Tahoe what it may look like. The Suburban you linked to looks more like it is a DPS or Secret Service Motorcade Detail Setup by what all it is carrying in it and it's lighting setup and equiptment loadout. Good find none the less, but unfortunately in the Federal agencies the unmarked units do not typically carry banners that say "I AM FBI" or "I AM DHS", in the end without grilling the operators chances are without some knowledge of who's where you can't tell who owns what vehicle...