Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

I just finished the California Highway Patrol Dodge Charger!

I decided to make a marked version with push bumper and a LED lightbar, because it looks so cool.

The car has the same functions as all other patrol cars except the higher speed.

It has 3 doors (passenger, driver & trunk lid) and about 2.000 polygons including the 4 wheels and the 3 doors.

Front picture (effects added with Photoshop):

chpdodgecharger2dv3.jpg

Back:

chpdodgechargerpk4.jpg

Hoppah

realy nice Hoppah. Looks great

That charger model looks great! Who knows, maybe I'll be seeing those on scene in the next few years.

In regards to sirens, I happened to be playing the game today when I had an arson suspect call. After the two LASD units got on scene, I couldn't figure out why I was still hearing sirens until I looked out the window and saw two LASD cars go past Code 3. I couldn't help but laugh at just how perfect the game sounds compared to what was out my window.

Great job all around!

Guest ComputerCop

Awesome job on the Charger, Hoppah! :D

Any chance of an unmarked one, too? :laugh:

Just kidding! Although it would be nice ;)

and Mike, that's really funny! I like the variety of calls we get in freeplay; multiplayer doesn't hand us stuff like bomb threats and arson suspects. I need to learn to better manage my responses though. I had a bomb threat call in freeplay down the street from the hospital (how convenient! :laugh: ), and there happened to be an LAPD unit driving by at that moment on patrol. Needless to say, they responded. I'm looking on the map for the little yellow icon that shows where your suspect is. The LAPD unit pulls up to a bus stop (and the map is right on the yellow suspect icon), and there's a guy standing there. The officers jump out and arrest him.

He gives up without a fight, which arouses my suspicions. Then, I see the real bomber, I don't know how in the hell I missed him, just down the street. The officers grabbed him, and I remembered the bomb!

Luckily, LAPD HQ is just down the road, but because of that idiot at the bus stop, I was slow in getting the Bomb Squad out. The SUV pulled up, and just as the bomb tech steps out of the vehicle...BOOM!

I was pretty mad, but luckily no one was killed. Just called an EMS unit for the bomb squad technician, and took him to the hospital...right down the street! :laugh:

While I'm rambling on about LA Mod freeplay, has anyone ever stopped a crime before it happened, but also idiotically let another one happen? :D

If not, I guess I hold the record. You guys are going to love THIS one!

I was playing just the other day, and I noticed a yellow suspect icon pop up at the hospital. There were no police calls at the time, so I went to check it out. Luckily, two LAPD units were driving by the hospital at the time, so I hit the lights and pulled them over. Sure enough, there's a guy standing next to one of the benches, with a gun in his hand! The cops ran over and arrested him, and I had spotted a woman nearby in a red shirt and jeans and thought about arresting her too, but decided not to.

Then later, it gives me an arson call at, you guessed it- the hospital! Guess who the suspect was? :D

Talk about innocent until proven guilty! It just HAD to be the same woman that I had decided against arresting only a few minutes before! Feisty little gal too...sent one of the cops who tried to arrest her into the hospital! :laugh:

Yes and no, sometimes they will not sit down, and one other time they will. This is random. If he don't sit down the officer will begin to shoot on him.

If he sits down you have to take back your gun and click on "arrest" to arrest him. You will be able to arrest him without fight.

Hope this clears all questions in here. Noticed it somedays ago ;)

I am the creator of that script.

How probably it is that the person kneels down and puts its hands up depends on the person-type.

Civil persons will do that in every case.

Gangsters guarding hostages will do that with a probability of 50%.

Gangsters that throw stones or molotovs won´t give up (I think its unrealistic in demonstrations^^).

Gangsters that have no weapon (Gangster_Fistfight) will give up (33%), run away if they have a path (33%) or attack (33%).

etc.

If a gangster who has given up is not cuffed by an officer he will stand up and fight again after a while.

You can download the script on my homepage ("Bewaffnete Festnahme").

Thanks for the explanation Woltep.

edit:

If I'm going to add it to my mod is it ok if I make some little changes to the script?

For example:

Gangsters that throw stones or molotovs won´t give up (I think its unrealistic in demonstrations^^).

I want to change that to a probability of 40% that he will give up and 60% so that he won't give up.

I just finished the California Highway Patrol Dodge Charger!

I decided to make a marked version with push bumper and a LED lightbar, because it looks so cool.

The car has the same functions as all other patrol cars except the higher speed.

It has 3 doors (passenger, driver & trunk lid) and about 2.000 polygons including the 4 wheels and the 3 doors.

Front picture (effects added with Photoshop):

chpdodgecharger2dv3.jpg

Back:

chpdodgechargerpk4.jpg

Hoppah

Well done Hoppah! :D

Yeah, its ok if you do some changes.

The script changed for the mp5 would also be a real cool thing ;-)

edit: by the way: the charger looks great!

I made the following changes to the script:

- Added more behaviour codes like BEHAVIOUR_GANGSTER_ATTACKSQUAD and BEHAVIOUR_GANGSTER_ATTACKSQUAD_SMART

- When a person surrenders the police officer will move and arrest the person after a few seconds automaticly.

- The gangster will immediatly shoot at the police officer when he doesn't surrender (or flee) and is armed with a gun (using 'primary target' code) and the police officer will start shooting at the gangster.

- The Arrest2 command doesn't work on gangsters with a sharpshooter rifle.

- Gangsters who don't surrender and don't have a gun will run to the police officer to beat him up.

- When a gangster tries to flee, but doesn't have an assigned path he will start to fight the police officer.

Woltep, if you like those changes I can send the script to you. It's still your script and I don't want or need any credits for those changes. I just improved it a bit. :)

Hoppah

Guest Gil Galvanti

Nice Charger! Looks great :). So you said you are adding the gangster surrendering script? That sounds great, will this be for the next version, I'm assuming? Any chance you know what features will be in the next version and how much you have left? Great job with the whole mod.

I made the following changes to the script:

- Added more behaviour codes like BEHAVIOUR_GANGSTER_ATTACKSQUAD and BEHAVIOUR_GANGSTER_ATTACKSQUAD_SMART

- When a person surrenders the police officer will move and arrest the person after a few seconds automaticly.

- The gangster will immediatly shoot at the police officer when he doesn't surrender (or flee) and is armed with a gun (using 'primary target' code) and the police officer will start shooting at the gangster.

- The Arrest2 command doesn't work on gangsters with a sharpshooter rifle.

- Gangsters who don't surrender and don't have a gun will run to the police officer to beat him up.

- When a gangster tries to flee, but doesn't have an assigned path he will start to fight the police officer.

Woltep, if you like those changes I can send the script to you. It's still your script and I don't want or need any credits for those changes. I just improved it a bit. :)

Hoppah

Nice! :D

newunitslh4.jpg

Final version of the CHP officer. Removed the tie shown in previous picture. I've also changed the SWAT unit and soldier. They both have the body of the scout with a new helmet now. The SWAT unit also wears a balaclava (-> :ph34r:) now.

the chp officer looks amazing! i really like the SWAT and soldier too, but the only problem is that the american flag on the soldiers arm needs to be flipped so the blue patch is on the right. (thought i would point it out)