Pinchiroger

Prototypes files editing

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, I've been trying to make a mod for pesonal use only, combining several mods like LA Mod, Habor City, London, etc, but I found out that Harbor & LA have many files in common (Models & Prototypes), so I tried changing the root directories for files like portraits, freeplaybase, units, in order to have the vehicles I wanted in my mod, obviosly, when i went for the test and selected the Harbor prototypes vehicles in the editor, it lacked of the model, so via edit button I added the model directory, but without all the children associated, I've learn with the tutorials and the forum itself, that you can make a lot of editings in the files with text editors like notepad, wordpad, etc..., I tried that with the prototypes files and I found out that it has the root of the children, model and the prototype itself, so I've changed the directory to adjust it to my settings, but when I tried the Editor simply CTD, so I was wondering if there is a way to edit prototypes files without using the editor in order to make things a little bit faster, thanks in advance for you comments.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2020_09/image.png.eca496050ea19007bf49ce1723f31c4a.png

image.png

There's nothing you can do because the prototypes are encrypted.

Why? Because Em4 devs didn't think about us modders. Even worse is that Em3 prototypes COULD be edited in plain text format. They changed it up for reasons we will never know.

Right now, I have done some very basic hex editing on prototypes in order to make my "light override script" work and so far the results have been good. I will be posting my findings about those in the future.