For making anything, Zmodeler or Blender. I started in Zmodeler but I now work using Blender.

Both programs are fine on their own but combining them as I do can sometimes lead to better results than if you were using just one. Just remember, once you get the fundamentals down, you can build anything.

But for now, start small. There's a tutorial on this site on the basics. First, you need to learn how to make a new project using the editor itself. There are basic menu operations that you need to learn first. Once you get the editor figured out, then you may advance to other steps.

5 hours ago, itchboy said:

For making anything, Zmodeler or Blender. I started in Zmodeler but I now work using Blender.

Both programs are fine on their own but combining them as I do can sometimes lead to better results than if you were using just one. Just remember, once you get the fundamentals down, you can build anything.

But for now, start small. There's a tutorial on this site on the basics. First, you need to learn how to make a new project using the editor itself. There are basic menu operations that you need to learn first. Once you get the editor figured out, then you may advance to other steps.

Thanks a lot, I'm working very hard to understand everything about em4 modding and so far so good, I'll definitely check all the tutorials on this site. One last question, if I get a model of a vehicle or an object form a mod or from some where else how do the credits work? 

2 hours ago, airforcegabbo1 said:

What programs do I have to use for texturing units and personnel in the game? 

You will want to use paint.net or gimph or photoshop really anything that lets you edit and create textures. Also I am learning to create models and textures its hard but the best advice to modding is to stick to it and not divert from it like I did and then come back a month later to try again.

4 hours ago, Edi6192 said:

You will want to use paint.net or gimph or photoshop really anything that lets you edit and create textures. Also I am learning to create models and textures its hard but the best advice to modding is to stick to it and not divert from it like I did and then come back a month later to try again.

Thank you very much for the advice,I've downloaded both and unfortunately it seems that .dds files are not readable,so tomorrow I'll try to fix the problem.

2 hours ago, airforcegabbo1 said:

Thank you very much for the advice,I've downloaded both and unfortunately it seems that .dds files are not readable,so tomorrow I'll try to fix the problem.

I had the same problem the way to fix it is go to the v3o file and open it with notepad and in there should be a line that says the name of the image and at the end says .dds change the .dds to .png and for the image go online and type in convert dds to png and input the image and convert it and you would get png then you can put it in one of the software's you downloaded and can edit it and use it with out changing it constantly like I did and when itchyboy found out he said it was caveman status that I was doing hahaha Lol XD.

8 hours ago, Edi6192 said:

I had the same problem the way to fix it is go to the v3o file and open it with notepad and in there should be a line that says the name of the image and at the end says .dds change the .dds to .png and for the image go online and type in convert dds to png and input the image and convert it and you would get png then you can put it in one of the software's you downloaded and can edit it and use it with out changing it constantly like I did and when itchyboy found out he said it was caveman status that I was doing hahaha Lol XD.

Thank you, unfortunately when I open the .V3o with the notepad it opens with the binary code so that even if I search the . dds nothing will come up. I managed to open the dds file the problem was only on LA Mod that the file didn't open, I tried with iowa city and it worked. Thanks and sorry for beeng a noob. 

7 hours ago, airforcegabbo1 said:

Thank you, unfortunately when I open the .V3o with the notepad it opens with the binary code so that even if I search the . dds nothing will come up. I managed to open the dds file the problem was only on LA Mod that the file didn't open, I tried with iowa city and it worked. Thanks and sorry for beeng a noob. 

it open's with code in notepad which is fine you just have to find were it has .dds at the end and it will always be at to top let me see if I can get a picture for you. Also no need to be sorry. Let me try to upload a picture for you.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2020_06/804381878_econoline_body-withalldoorsand-Notepad6_6_202011_05_30AM.thumb.png.4f17737d160513ffaead56d8e2df5924.png

econoline_body-with all doors and - Notepad 6_6_2020 11_05_30 AM.png

As you can see what I highlighted in blue is what you need to look for when in notepad for the v3o files and all that highlighted stuff should have a .png or .dds or something els at the end change it to .png because it is the most common on photo editing and most used then convert the .dds photo to png  

5 minutes ago, Edi6192 said:

Ass you can see what I highlighted in blue is what you need to look for when in notepad for the v3o files and all that highlighted stuff should have a .png or .dds or something els at the end change it to .png because it is the most common on photo editing and most used then convert the .dds photo to png  

I've got it all sorted out thankfully. 

I'm now trying to understand how prototypes and models work and what they do. I'm trying to create a mod and I've based it of ov iowa city mod. I wanted to put the crown Victoria model from the Boston mod but I don't know wich files to touch or modify. I was even looking to download the 3D models from this site but don't know what to do with them or where to put them. 

So there are YouTube vids that show how and what but I will explain so a model is the 3d model of the model so like you said on the website there are 3d models that's what go's in the models folder now prototypes don't touch that in the folder what you do is you go in the Em4 editor and load up the mod folder you are editing or creating and then your scene will pop up and you will have to create the prototype in there. I know what I said  is confusing but the YouTube videos show it the best I might make one tonight or tomorrow if I get to it to help you.

Also this site has some tutorials on how to do stuff so you may want to check it out.

1 minute ago, Edi6192 said:

So there are YouTube vids that show how and what but I will explain so a model is the 3d model of the model so like you said on the website there are 3d models that's what go's in the models folder now prototypes don't touch that in the folder what you do is you go in the Em4 editor and load up the mod folder you are editing or creating and then your scene will pop up and you will have to create the prototype in there. I know what I said  is confusing but the YouTube videos show it the best I might make one tonight or tomorrow if I get to it to help you.

Don't worry it's not confusing and this part i already know cos i wached those videos. my intention was to re-skin the vehicles imported from other mods in to my own. my question is: to import those models do i have to import the vehicle prototype and its skin or what.- thanks in advance and as always

So if you download a 3d model form this site some will come with the prototype and most of all of them should come with the texture for the model if it came with the 3 things then your set now some might not have a prototype then you have to search for the files In the em4 editor and create the prototype now for the texture if you download 3d models for itchboys or yankee43 they are all set and ready to use all you got to do it add lighting and edit the texture to what you want in itchboys models it comes with the texture that's a png so you can open it and click it. it also comes with a pnd or pdn which I believe you can open on paint.net or gimph one of them and you can see the overlays and edit it. 

7 minutes ago, Edi6192 said:

So if you download a 3d model form this site some will come with the prototype and most of all of them should come with the texture for the model if it came with the 3 things then your set now some might not have a prototype then you have to search for the files In the em4 editor and create the prototype now for the texture if you download 3d models for itchboys or yankee43 they are all set and ready to use all you got to do it add lighting and edit the texture to what you want in itchboys models it comes with the texture that's a png so you can open it and click it. it also comes with a pnd or pdn which I believe you can open on paint.net or gimph one of them and you can see the overlays and edit it. 

thanks!Now it's clear. BTW im working on a mod and i was wandering whether you wanted to join in.

38 minutes ago, Edi6192 said:

I would but I cant because I started to work and create my own city mod its called Long Beach  but I am willing to help you out with any problems or questions you have.

i didn't know that it was you that was working on that mod. It's an awesome mod congrats to you and keep up the good work. Yes ill definitely continue to ask for help if needed. thanks for youre availability. Do you know any one willing to help with my mod?

I don't know anyone here because I just started to create stuff so I am alone I have itchboy teaching me things I did not know and so really I just know itchboy and you and no one else. Itchboy told me that when you do a mod you're doing it on your own because others are busy and have their mods to do that's what he told me so my Idea kinda is when I finish my mod I am glad to partner up with you to create more mods if your down but as of now its just a one-man band on creating mods for me and you. Now you can try to search for people willing to help you out I am sure there might be people out there but I don't know of anyone.

12 hours ago, Edi6192 said:

I don't know anyone here because I just started to create stuff so I am alone I have itchboy teaching me things I did not know and so really I just know itchboy and you and no one else. Itchboy told me that when you do a mod you're doing it on your own because others are busy and have their mods to do that's what he told me so my Idea kinda is when I finish my mod I am glad to partner up with you to create more mods if your down but as of now its just a one-man band on creating mods for me and you. Now you can try to search for people willing to help you out I am sure there might be people out there but I don't know of anyone.

I'm sorta a uv-mapper and modeler if your ever interested and needing help

16 hours ago, Edi6192 said:

Thanks. I'm down to create mods together when you finish yours. If you want I can help with audio because that's the only thing in which I'm 100% sure that I'm good at.