alexCNP

Zmodeler triangle shadows issue

18 hours ago, EmC-Unit said:

I am ussing russian on my ZM so words can vary. You need to cut that part separate and go for surface>normals>recount or calculate. If not working, you gotta cut only flat top proection and do the same stuff, but it will look off.

13 hours ago, itchboy said:

Select the part where the shading should be marked sharp, and then use Modify > detach, however make sure all sub options are unchecked.

Okay, the way both of you say seems to work, but after attaching everything, I shouldn't recalculate normals again then right? I tend to do it after completing a model, but maybe I'm doing it wrong

10 hours ago, Chris07 said:

If you can't seem to fix it, rest assured the the shadow is limited to ZModeler. When you export and place the model in game it will not have a shadow.

Nah, definitely it appears on the editor

Thanks all!

If you recalculate normals again it will reverse the effect. Basicly you need to stay away from doint it after you attached parts.

In my moddels works i would cut a lot of parts to fix the shadowing, all is left after attaching all - to smoth, and you are done.

If you leve that dark part as it is, it will look the same ingame.

• Upvote 1