Thepropilot747

Where is Hoppah

I am kinda new to the forum and am not accustomed to the way it works just yet, but I have seen somewhere that Hoppah has died. I can't remember where I read this but it was on the forum. I know Hoppah hasn't been active for some 2 years now and his LA mod (which I presume is done) hasn't been touched in about 3 years. Now, I know the LA mod for the most part is done. But if the number one mod on the forum has been made by you, I would update it some more. I am just asking for someone that knew him more in the modding community like Itchboy or MikeyPl to back up and tell me whether what I heard was true or wasn't. If he is dead, then rest in peace.

Hoppah was the original modder who made the LA mod way back when emergency 3 and 4 had been released. He is considered the person who set the standard for what American mods should be like as his LA mod has been the framework that hundreds of other mods were made from and almost every single American based mod has some of his work in it. He decided to stop modding a few years ago, though he's not dead. Whoever said that probably just meant that his hobby of modding is dead, not that he himself is dead. the LA mod 2.1 is the official LA mod made by him for emergency 4. The mod has seen plenty of more recent releases of it in the form of submods. You are allowed to update it however you like but if you plan to release it make sure to give credit to hoppah and anyone else's work you used.

On 5/11/2020 at 1:24 PM, mr matt5432123 said:

Hoppah was the original modder who made the LA mod way back when emergency 3 and 4 had been released. He is considered the person who set the standard for what American mods should be like as his LA mod has been the framework that hundreds of other mods were made from and almost every single American based mod has some of his work in it. He decided to stop modding a few years ago, though he's not dead. Whoever said that probably just meant that his hobby of modding is dead, not that he himself is dead. the LA mod 2.1 is the official LA mod made by him for emergency 4. The mod has seen plenty of more recent releases of it in the form of submods. You are allowed to update it however you like but if you plan to release it make sure to give credit to hoppah and anyone else's work you used.

Ok, thanks for you input.