theblackangel18

Opinion on 3d Model

5 minutes ago, Yankee43 said:

Blender has a what? 

Downloading now 

🤣 It's actually a super cool bevel feature, can do something as simple as a curve with a specified number of edges to customized shapes. But anyways to OP, I would find a better picture of the side view to get your side dimensions correct. After you're done with that, you can use reference images to judge where you need to curve the cab inward. The hardest part for me with using Blender is getting nice topography; look up some Youtube videos on Blender modeling to see what I'm talking about. That will help a lot down the road if you decide to go with a low-poly base and then add in the subdivision surface modifier later

11 hours ago, Miggles said:

🤣 It's actually a super cool bevel feature, can do something as simple as a curve with a specified number of edges to customized shapes. But anyways to OP, I would find a better picture of the side view to get your side dimensions correct. After you're done with that, you can use reference images to judge where you need to curve the cab inward. The hardest part for me with using Blender is getting nice topography; look up some Youtube videos on Blender modeling to see what I'm talking about. That will help a lot down the road if you decide to go with a low-poly base and then add in the subdivision surface modifier later

Well you have got to tell me what hotkey is that for me to test xD

By the way, i've found this blueprint and i don't know if it is good (it's the blueprient that i've used to do the 3d model you see above)

Volvo N7 6x2 Truck (1977) [LIMITED to 500px].jpg

1 hour ago, theblackangel18 said:

Well you have got to tell me what hotkey is that for me to test xD

By the way, i've found this blueprint and i don't know if it is good (it's the blueprient that i've used to do the 3d model you see above)

Control + B if you want t bevel an edge, Control + Shift + B if you want to bevel just a vertex.

You can use just those two views, however in my experience it requires more experience 🤣 Just get another reference photo that shows you the different angles and curvatures and adjust what you've made from the blueprints

37 minutes ago, Miggles said:

Control + B if you want t bevel an edge, Control + Shift + B if you want to bevel just a vertex.

You can use just those two views, however in my experience it requires more experience 🤣 Just get another reference photo that shows you the different angles and curvatures and adjust what you've made from the blueprints

Oh ok xD yeah i will look up in internet for more photos and i will post here an other result of the 3d model

I think the model outline follows the vehicle, however the part above the front left door/roof is too curved.

Using blueprints or real pictures will depend on preference. People like myself and MikeyPI use real photos. Others use blueprints.

Blender's bevel tool didnt do anything for me when it came to working on cars. It couldnt do the curves I was looking for...wasnt the magic bullet for making car surfaces. Instead I have to hand move them to place by hand. However, Blender and Zmod have a tool known as FFD (in Zmod) and Lattice Deform (in Blender) to curve out the outline of the model. Both programs save me the time and trouble of moving hundreds of vertices to form a believable curve on the outline, but wheel arches, door moulding, trim and the corners/front/rear have to be done by hand regardless.

unknown.png

Something I did in blender using the extrude and move tool. This is an old box, but the logic still applies to modern cars. Doing this requires an eye for how to "subdivide" a real car into edges that you re-create in the modelling software.

12 minutes ago, itchboy said:

I think the model outline follows the vehicle, however the part above the front left door/roof is too curved.

Using blueprints or real pictures will depend on preference. People like myself and MikeyPI use real photos. Others use blueprints.

Blender's bevel tool didnt do anything for me when it came to working on cars. It couldnt do the curves I was looking for...wasnt the magic bullet for making car surfaces. Instead I have to hand move them to place by hand. However, Blender and Zmod have a tool known as FFD (in Zmod) and Lattice Deform (in Blender) to curve out the outline of the model. Both programs save me the time and trouble of moving hundreds of vertices to form a believable curve on the outline, but wheel arches, door moulding, trim and the corners/front/rear have to be done by hand regardless.

unknown.png

Something I did in blender using the extrude and move tool. This is an old box, but the logic still applies to modern cars. Doing this requires an eye for how to "subdivide" a real car into edges that you re-create in the modelling software.

Thank you for the advice itchboy! Your advices have been very helpful and very motivating to learn more about 3d modelling.

I've tried doing something new again with all of your advices. I tried to divide the truck to make the model realistic enough but something is weird near the fender, idk what the problem could be...

Here some pictures:

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2019_12/1235631321_volvo2.PNG.818b186c1a88aa6e20bbdd41f97295fd.PNG

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2019_12/Volvo.PNG.01dd5bb14de2aa80853cc7967086bb43.PNG

PS: I can't take good pics with blender... so sorry for the bad quality of those

volvo 2.PNG

Volvo.PNG

Im not too proficient with Blender. I dont even know how to render or UV map which is making life difficult for me,

Doing 3D is not really about software specific skills. You just need to develop the eye for how to translate (aka estimating) how an object would be represented in software. Your attempt on the rear is pretty much spot on, and the hose reels look good. The cab is confusing because your eyes are getting tricked.

Perspective in the 3D software can alter how one sees a vehicle in photos. All inaccuracies in my models are a result of me not being able to overcome this 100%, and in some cases, even pros like Hum3D have the same issue.

I notice that you're having a hard time discerning the side/top/front windshield of the truck. I actually had that problem initially but I was able to find a better way to arrange the vertices so they better represented the part between the hood and windshield. The cab side part (door and wheel arch + headlight) was a separate object that was connected to the main body, a bit sloppy but it was a 1 hour model so..

The side part and wheel arch were done using a reference photo of the wrong truck as I found out this morning so the one that you do should be a little bit different.

I can send you this incorrect model and it will be up to you to revise into the proper vehicle.