Miggles

Santa Cruz Mod (slow)

15 hours ago, itchboy said:

Something you could try: Go into your em4.cfg file and edit "r_clipnear" to 10. That will give you more zoom because the model won't "hide" itself.

Worked perfect, thanks bro. Basically have to learn how to do everything so all y'alls help is amazing

1 hour ago, Yankee43 said:

I feel your pain, but hey....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DykVJl6wr_4

Yeah all ten of us that are here 😂 

Quick questions on lighting. Coronas, radiation, and polygons; how do you guys do it? Right now, everything is done except for the lightbars. All the side warning lights I have as coronas with polygons, no radiation. The main lightbar has rotators so I was thinking about just doing coronas with radiation, the rear lightbars are LED rotators so I was gunna do corona with polygon and radiation. My questions are, 1) do I need a corona if I have polys but no radiation 2) how do you guys do radiation? All lights or just the main lights to help run the game smoother?

My main goal with this mod is to make everything as detailed as possible using as little details as possible... without losing too much detail 🤣

That’s a very good question. Lighting is something I need work on too. I know radiation is the ‘projection’ of light. Such as headlights. (I think that’s right at least) I think you are supposed to be in radiation mode, and click to place those little dots into the shade you want. Try looking at another mods vehicles and look at their headlights.

23 hours ago, Yankee43 said:

That’s a very good question. Lighting is something I need work on too. I know radiation is the ‘projection’ of light. Such as headlights. (I think that’s right at least) I think you are supposed to be in radiation mode, and click to place those little dots into the shade you want. Try looking at another mods vehicles and look at their headlights.

Yeah I got the headlights and everything done, just was wondering everyone's opinions on radiation for main emergency lighting. I'm using the West Falls mod as a testbed for now and I noticed all the fire and EMS have no radiation. LA mod does. I went ahead and added radiation for the rotators, two of the rear flashers, and then both rear amber wig wags and it seems pretty much good enough. That being said, lighting is about 95% done, then its onto slight model changes and seeing if I can't get E3116 in without Emc-unit's awesome help

Light timing:

Generally all my lights have a flash frequency of 3.0 to 4.5 except for some super fast LED flash patterns.

Some lights may be un-synchronized IRL so having slightly different flash frequencies can achieve the same look. If they're sync'd then they should all be the same frequency.

Flash intensity will depend on the lighting type you are creating. Halogen has a very low flash intensity between 0.0 to 0.3 while strobe has the highest possible setting at 0.99

Flash offset is the key to creating patterns. Lets take 2 lights, A and B:

....if A has an offset of 0, and B an offset of 1, then you will get a left/right alternating pattern.

Polygon lighting:

Halogen and strobe are a single polygon with the color that you want (red, blue whatever) but adjust the color settings so the polygon is a dull, gray-ish variation of whatever color you do. Halogen/strobe white tends to be off-white with a bit of yellow from what Ive seen so thats what Id advise.

LED requires you to double up (clone) a second polygon light over the first. Using the "polygon glow" setting is also highly advised. For the first polygon, go with a solid color with no mixing of white. The second polygon (the clone) should be all white, or be a whited-out version of the original color.

Strobe and LED double (or triple, or quad) flashes:

This is easy. Just make the light, but then copy paste a second one into the light editor. It might be in the exact same position with the same attributes as the original. What you do next is bump up the flash offset by 0.25 or 0.50 depending on what you feel.

Lets say the original flash has an offset of 0.0. The second flash will be 0.25 and the third will be 0.50

You can also try differing combos like 0.0, 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 and so on. A common one used is 0. and 0.5

The weirdest one Ive done was 0.3, 1.4 to get a "skipping effect". Feel free to go crazy with this.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Yankee and Itchboy for the lighting help. I've got it "done" now, and I say that because I'm sure I'll change it another 5 times before I'm satisfied.

11 hours ago, bama1234 said:

Impressive work Miggles! Keep it up, you've clearly got talent for this.

I appreciate it bro, a lot of time gone into learning the ways of making a mod over the past couple weeks...

• Upvote 1

Thought I'd get some people's opinions on lighting so far. I've redone it about five times and probably have another five times to go until I'm satisfied. I need to tone down the rear amber lights but other than that, anyone have any suggestions for tweaking it?

I also have re-added the interior to the engine and am in the process of mapping it right now http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png

• Upvote 2

Wowzers. The radiation for the rotators are just.. beautiful! 

My only suggestion, if I am entitled to one since my lighting experience is minor. You think there is a way to reduce to "blob" effect the rotators on the main lightbar have? Polygons? Just an idea. As I said though, its stunning already.

I have quite a lot of experience when it comes to lighting

So” 

Get back to the editor quickly and experiment with different red colors to make it shine
your lighting shines as if it were very old

but I appreciate your efforts

Regards Adam

I only have radiation on main lightbars, but its because my PC lags quite badly under specific lighting conditions.

Allow me to shamelessly shill my lights. All three light types are here. They dont look all that good because of the ground level angle but it should give you an idea.

For the most part, you're right on it when it comes to rotator lighting, though I'd reduce the radiation even more than you already have.

I agree about radiation. Too much radiation mess the lights effects for me. Better use polys on the lightbars than add radiation everywhere for every light.

Also, I recommend you to "play" with the coronas. Edit some of them until you find one that match what you are looking for.

Or you could use less "intense" radiation values such as R25+G25+B25 instead of going full 255 on all of them. I usually do that and it does the trick, especially when there are multiple units nearby.

It's all about finding your own balance and experimenting. 

Edited by Ghost Graphic Designs

I've finished all the lighting on E3111, thanks to all of y'alls advice. Interior and slight model adjustments have been completed, just need to skin them. In the meantime, used itchboys Silverado to try to expedite getting another unit in-game. Was supposed to be finished today but the airport I work at got a fiber optic cable cut so they called me in early to help out at our ramp

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2019_12/1090898558_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.7369e7718cff691c582dbd671195b646.png

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2019_12/1027622317_Screenshot(12).thumb.png.dd301b01de323498cc2028d31cc06f7c.png

Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (13).png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well I officially hate UV mapping. The actually texturing isn't too bad, I've always liked reskinning vehicles. 

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2019_12/1559060835_Em42019-12-3022-20-06-247.thumb.jpg.243796c03883cf51cfdf5eb951a9338f.jpg

Here's Medic 1, creds to Itchboy and Ghosty for the model/OG skin. I'm not sure how Santa Cruz AMR numbers their rigs besides they have about 6-8 rigs on duty per day, but I'm planning on the following:

Medic 1 - Transit

Medic 2 - Transit variant

Medic 3 - Transit variant #2

Medic 4 + 5 - new style E350

Backup Medic 6 - old style E350

Supervisor 1 - F150

Supervisor 2 - Expedition

Em4 2019-12-30 22-20-06-247.jpg

• Upvote 2