Yankee43

List of needed refreshment vehicles.

Here I have a list of vehicles I think the community needs in order to "refresh" the current state of 3d models in our mods.

Currently, most models that are in mods are around the 2013-14 model year, thats the newest we have... The work Good and CFD are doing with the LA Mod upgrade is absolutely amazing, and that will be a huge breath of fresh air for the mod and the community.

This list is mostly of civilian/police vehicles, because those are the ones that actually come in model years. Fire trucks are weird in terms of that. On another note, I feel that this list could be a good starting point for anyone wanting to get into modeling. These are things I think we really need and would make new mods feel new!

The vehicles are separated through manufacturer and then sub-divided to model year. For example, the 2016 FE and 2017 FE are 3-Dimension-ally  the same. So I marked them (16-17) but there were changed made to the look in 2018, and 2019/2020, so they are "different" vehicles per say. 

NOTE: So, running up to 2019-2020 years, these vehicles are not even available to the public yet. So putting them into realistic mods, might not be the best idea, as we do not know what departments are going to run these vehicles. I know some departments (Namely the NYPD) are currently testing the new 2020 Police Responder Hybrid. Now fictional mods should be fine, but its just a reminder, maybe these vehicles could wait a little while. Also, there are slight differences between the 2020 FE Civ, and the 2020 FPIU. In terms of side trim and front bumber, so It would be unrealistic to use a 2020 FE Civ for a department vehicle over the 2020 FPIU, unmarked is a different story, but it is something to keep in mind. Okay, finally, the list.

Fords:

• 2016-17 Explorer ✔ - Thank you Itchboy!
  • 2018 Explorer ✔ - Thank you Itchboy!
  • 2019/2020 Explorer ✔ - Thank you Itchboy!
  • 2020 Police Interceptor Utility ✔ - Thank you Itchboy!
  • 2020 Police Responder Hybrid Sedan
  • F-150 2015+ 
  • F-250 2015+ ✔ - Thank you Itchboy! (2017-2019)
  • F-350 2015+✔ - Thank you Itchboy! (2017-2019)
  • 2015-17 Expedition ✔ - Thank you Itchboy!
  • 2018 Expedition

Chevy:

• 15 Silverado
  • 16-17 Silverado ✔ - Thank you Itchboy! (2500HD)
  • Silverado SSV
  • 18 Silverado
  • 19 Silverado
  • 2014+ Impala
  • 2015+ Suburban ✔ - Yankee43 and Thank you Itchboy!
  • 2015+ Tahoe ✔ - Yankee43 and Thank you Itchboy!

Dodge:

• 2016 RAM 1500
  • 17 RAM 1500
  • 18-19 RAM 1500
  • 16 RAM 2500
  • 16 RAM 3500
  • 16 RAM 4500
  • 17 RAM 2500
  • 17 RAM 3500
  • 17 RAM 4500
  • 18-19 RAM 2500
  • 18-19 RAM 3500
  • 18-19 RAM 4500
  • RAM 1500 SSV
  • 2015+ Dodge Charger/Charger Pursuit - Fav car plz make hehe ( 15 Dodge Charger HEMI) 

GMC:

• Sierra 1500 2014-2015
  • Sierra 1500 2016-2018
  • Sierra 1500  2019-2020
  • Yukon/ Yukon XL 2015-2020
  • Next Gen Sierra Heavy Duty
  • 15-2019 Sierra 3500
  • 2020 Sierra 3500
  • 15-2019 Sierra 2500
  • 2020 Sierra 2500
  • Next Generation Yukon/YukonXL

Before I conclude, I understand 3d modeling #1, involves MONEY, and lots, lots of work. I am not TELLING anyone to make these, I think its just an idea for what would be cool. 

Conclusion: I know there are flaws with this list, but I think it is a good outline of things that would give new life to mods. I strongly encourage people to buy up zmod 2, or blender, and learn to 3d model. I myself am learning to 3d Model and it is bringing me great joy.

Thanks to all who have been making and releasing all of the awesome content lately! 

Updated as of: 05/03/2020

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, EmC-Unit said:

Conclusion, commynity pay no respects for authors of these moddels. Like here:

Hide contents

ENgGedJ.png

It is not wourth it.

You made the list. GO for it! (you can use older itcboy cars to refit them intoo more modern versions)

Oh, that’s actually a really good idea, I’m sure that method would be really useful for like the newer explorer. Thank you! 

• Upvote 1

1. I suck at modeling, I can break apart/combine models but I've struggled with actually making a new model (i'm attempting to learn though).

2. With that being said I'm relying on stuff made by other people for my mod. I know EXACTLY where the content i use comes from and my credits file is in order for when i release the mod.

3. That is the Ford E 350 by Itchboy in fact, most of the vehicle models are from Itchboy. He is listed in the Credits for my mod. I'm also under the impression that I'm not required to post credits for every picture i post, Just when I release content with someone else's content in it. If Itchboy wishes that I give him credit for every picture/post I make, I will gladly do so. I am in no way trying to take credit for someone else's work. I only take credit for the skin on that particular vehicle. 

15 minutes ago, hqueen said:

1. I suck at modeling, I can break apart/combine models but I've struggled with actually making a new model (i'm attempting to learn though).

2. With that being said I'm relying on stuff made by other people for my mod. I know EXACTLY where the content i use comes from and my credits file is in order for when i release the mod.

3. That is the Ford E 350 by Itchboy in fact, most of the vehicle models are from Itchboy. He is listed in the Credits for my mod. I'm also under the impression that I'm not required to post credits for every picture i post, Just when I release content with someone else's content in it. If Itchboy wishes that I give him credit for every picture/post I make, I will gladly do so. I am in no way trying to take credit for someone else's work. I only take credit for the skin on that particular vehicle. 

Hey man, of course modeling is an acquired skill, and I am learning too! Credit issues are always something that can be fixed as long as both sides work together, as you have said you would. Keep on keeping on, your mod  looks really promising so far!

• Upvote 1

Let me jump on the wagon and say you don't need to credit me every time you post a photo. Once or twice is enough, and there must be documentation included in the final mod.

In relation to the coroner van picture, please add the model's author for that first photo. All subsequent photos like an update, texture edit or lighting video may not include the name.

I'd also like to shout-out the people who converted my models into other (not Em4) games. Please credit me even if you're not using the model for Em4.

There is one thing I'd like to ask: If the model is one of my conversions from another game (by either Ubisoft or EA), please include their names too because I don't want the triple A game companies breathing down my ass.

I support the proposal, however the person doing all of that won't be me. There just isnt any time left for me to do all of that.

In my spare time besides working on LA, Montana, River Falls, (a secret mod) and my other hobbies, I am currently trying to "update" my civilian cars. Camrys, Corollas, Nissans - the kind of stuff that would work in a civilian environment. It is already a monumental task to update/replace the existing civilian cars and I do not think it would be practical for me to cancel all my existing projects just to update the vehicles.

2020+ spec vehicles are within our grasp. given how OP already has a 2015 Tahoe in the works. An edit of my existing models would not be too difficult in order to bring them to spec. Montana Mod as well has a 2016+ F350 that will be out soon, so I don't mind adding that truck into the pool of assets planned here.

I am willing to assist (up to a certain degree) those who want to give these a try. I for one welcome the new guard of people trying to get into the gig. I just hope that you guys don't burn yourselves out like I did a couple years back.

All of this talk of the future is ironic for me though. Most of my "new" models have been old stuff from the 80s and 90's. 

Do not buy Zm3. You can just as well go with Blender (which is free) or Zm2, which is a one time purchase instead of a monthly subscription. Zm1 is the oldest of the above and also free. The pros like MikeyPI and some of the old-school modders use this software exclusively.

Me, I have begun the change to Blender, but use Zm2 for UV mapping, Zm3 for persons and Zm1 for converting into older games like NFS 4. Go with what you feel comfortable with.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, itchboy said:

Let me jump on the wagon and say you don't need to credit me every time you post a photo. Once or twice is enough, and there must be documentation included in the final mod.

In relation to the coroner van picture, please add the model's author for that first photo. All subsequent photos like an update, texture edit or lighting video may not include the name.

I'd also like to shout-out the people who converted my models into other (not Em4) games. Please credit me even if you're not using the model for Em4.

There is one thing I'd like to ask: If the model is one of my conversions from another game (by either Ubisoft or EA), please include their names too because I don't want the triple A game companies breathing down my ass.

I support the proposal, however the person doing all of that won't be me. There just isnt any time left for me to do all of that.

In my spare time besides working on LA, Montana, River Falls, (a secret mod) and my other hobbies, I am currently trying to "update" my civilian cars. Camrys, Corollas, Nissans - the kind of stuff that would work in a civilian environment. It is already a monumental task to update/replace the existing civilian cars and I do not think it would be practical for me to cancel all my existing projects just to update the vehicles.

2020+ spec vehicles are within our grasp. given how OP already has a 2015 Tahoe in the works. An edit of my existing models would not be too difficult in order to bring them to spec. Montana Mod as well has a 2016+ F350 that will be out soon, so I don't mind adding that truck into the pool of assets planned here.

I am willing to assist (up to a certain degree) those who want to give these a try. I for one welcome the new guard of people trying to get into the gig. I just hope that you guys don't burn yourselves out like I did a couple years back.

All of this talk of the future is ironic for me though. Most of my "new" models have been old stuff from the 80s and 90's. 

Do not buy Zm3. You can just as well go with Blender (which is free) or Zm2, which is a one time purchase instead of a monthly subscription. Zm1 is the oldest of the above and also free. The pros like MikeyPI and some of the old-school modders use this software exclusively.

Me, I have begun the change to Blender, but use Zm2 for UV mapping, Zm3 for persons and Zm1 for converting into older games like NFS 4. Go with what you feel comfortable with.

This is some really good advice, I for one am purchase zm2, I find that zm3 is not quite suited for the EM4/911 FR deal. As I wished I learned a while back. 

Itchboy, while you do make TONS of models for us. I in no way meant for you to exclusively or mostly do any of this work lol. Your contributions to the community are already beyond what any of us could have asked for, and I believe it’s time for more of us to step up and get involved, as I have seen going on lately. 

Also, I can’t wait for the new, sweet, sweet, Camry lol. Maybe a Jeep Gladiator too, oooohhh, that’s an idea for me now. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Yankee43 said:

This is some really good advice, I for one am purchase zm2, I find that zm3 is not quite suited for the EM4/911 FR deal. As I wished I learned a while back. 

Itchboy, while you do make TONS of models for us. I in no way meant for you to exclusively or mostly do any of this work lol. Your contributions to the community are already beyond what any of us could have asked for, and I believe it’s time for more of us to step up and get involved, as I have seen going on lately. 

Also, I can’t wait for the new, sweet, sweet, Camry lol. Maybe a Jeep Gladiator too, oooohhh, that’s an idea for me now. 

You mentioned NYPD in the OP. If  you wanna get started on a civilian car that has some action as an emergency vehicle, try the Chevy Traverse.31619669040_d4e23b9a5a.jpg

The RAV4 also has made an appearance as an NYPD RMP

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh5TXwYmAwFne1R7cLWy4

These are very common crossovers in the US and would be a very good background vehicle for making maps look more believably American.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler
12 minutes ago, itchboy said:

You mentioned NYPD in the OP. If  you wanna get started on a civilian car that has some action as an emergency vehicle, try the Chevy Traverse.31619669040_d4e23b9a5a.jpg

The RAV4 also has made an appearance as an NYPD RMP

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh5TXwYmAwFne1R7cLWy4

These are very common crossovers in the US and would be a very good background vehicle for making maps look more believably American.

Yes these are really cool. Being an NYC native I mess around with Brooklyn a lot and have added a few vehicles, I plan on adding way more than necessary just for the hell of it. Besides that, these could be used in fictional mods too.

As you mentioned, NYPD Traffic also runs a 2018 Camry! 

Spoiler

nypd3746.jpg

• Upvote 1