Power_Star

[Solved] Map Editor, London Mod

Just got London mod and wanted to put units around the map, so I went into map editor and did that. Got back on freeplay then my police couldn't get in the vehicle however the vehicle could move fine, just said there's no seats, Ambulances and Fire work fine tho.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2019_11/van.thumb.jpg.aacd24aea6cb2a351460e59641e4e411.jpg

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2019_11/Arv.thumb.jpg.394850745147440ae31869ad18bfabc2.jpg

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2019_11/Arv2.thumb.jpg.e8033e233396d2f2cbfd7e92b82403c8.jpg

van.jpg

Arv.jpg

Arv2.jpg

This is a glitch with Em4 itself. It doesnt set the passenger and transport slots unless the user defines them in the editor. Ideally, it should set based on its "units" file but alas it does not.

There are a two ways to remedy this, neither are easy. The most direct method is to set the vehicle slots through scripting (programming) the game to recognize each unit. Another method is to modify the passenger and transport slots in the editor for each vehicle.

4 hours ago, itchboy said:

This is a glitch with Em4 itself. It doesnt set the passenger and transport slots unless the user defines them in the editor. Ideally, it should set based on its "units" file but alas it does not.

There are a two ways to remedy this, neither are easy. The most direct method is to set the vehicle slots through scripting (programming) the game to recognize each unit. Another method is to modify the passenger and transport slots in the editor for each vehicle.

So how do I actually do that? Is there a video or tutorial?

I can't think of a good way to explain the scripting side. To do it through the editor:

1. Go to the vehicle in the editor.

2. Click on "traits".

3. There is a place to change the number of transports/passengers. Change those to the desired amount of people/transports you want in the vehicle. 

17 hours ago, hqueen said:

I can't think of a good way to explain the scripting side. To do it through the editor:

1. Go to the vehicle in the editor.

2. Click on "traits".

3. There is a place to change the number of transports/passengers. Change those to the desired amount of people/transports you want in the vehicle. 

Done. Thanks!