itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

9 hours ago, mcflame1 said:

I wonder if those stands on the swat truck are just for looks are will we have the ability to have swat members hanging off of the truck. Either way is amazing.

Unfortunately I do not plan on adding custom scripts like this to the mod.

The only 2 I have planned are single stretcher and functioning police stations for LAPD, sheriff and port police.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, itchboy said:

Unfortunately I do not plan on adding custom scripts like this to the mod.

The only 2 I have planned are single stretcher and functioning police stations for LAPD, sheriff and port police.

Hey Itch, what about making them Childs, kinda like the SWR boat or Motorcycle?  Maybe the first two people to enter the vehicle don't show up, as if they're in the front seats, but the third-through-sixth (or eigth?) put two people on each side (and rear?).  Just a thought... don't even know if that's easily doable..

TEC has not been forgotten. Say hello to what is hopefully going to be a Caltrans van.

I hope this serves as closure for those of you who weren't satisfied by the original LA mod TEC van. A reskin was cool for 2009 but not for 2020.

Original model was a conversion from Driver SF, modified into model year 1996 by me.

Em4Deluxe 2020-09-21 10-05-31-65.png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Another model on the way.

I will use this as the LASD transport van, but it could also work as an ambulance. However, by the 90s, these were already phased out so maybe I won't use it. Or, I could possibly do a preliminary release of the mod, and then release some more assets later on as an addon pack. 

Untitled.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

GKvIFWu.png

The tiller has been modelled. Textures come next.

I don't look forward to setting it up in editor but hey, its here. This was the hardest vehicle to do in the whole set IMO. Next one up is the heavy rescue crane's animations which I also don't like but at least I'm not having to make everything from nothing.

The cab is the same edited LA mod base (by Hoppah) as the Seagraves shown before. All I did with the cab was add the rear tiller bits that are quite different and had to be made from nothing.

Later on after doing that, I did the remaining work on the heavy rescue crane. Here she is.

7xe5I9N.png

Credits to VoodoOperator, NFK and Hoppah for the cab. The work that I contributed to this was editing the rear model eedit, textures and modelling new support legs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

ijgOpSw.png

Here is an in-editor group photo of all units done so far. The swift water rescue is the only unit missing because I haven't found a real 90s picture of one. Maybe somebody can find it.

Most models lack lights, some parts and their liveries. I will be contacting a few of you to help me out with this if you guys are available.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3