itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

On 7/9/2020 at 8:56 AM, itchboy said:

The magnetic beacon isn't legit on any of the real unmarked units. I don't plan on adding fictional units unless there are no pictures of the specific unit.

The CHP units (they're in the pictures, I promise) have the Vision bar which negates the need for the steady burn spotlight. 

Will there still be a steady burn red somewhere? California state law requires a steady burn red light on all emergency vehicles.

( I understand this isnt priority, just adding my question to the box )

• Upvote 1

A steady burn will exist on every vehicle unless we find video evidence proving that vehicle didn't have one.

Its actually really easy to do, and it is something I'm very familiar with.

2ztez83.png

WIP model of the tiller.

Depending on whether I get permission I will be starting work on LAX Crash 80 using the Oshkosh ARFF pack by EmC and mrMatt.

Sadly after months of searching, I cannot find an older SWR truck than this. I can include this unit but this appears to be a 1999-2001 F series.

Perhaps a fictional substitute with similar specs to this can be created?

LAFDSWTRRQ-5-01.jpg

Serious progress has been made on the Cadillac Peacekeeper for swat.

Huge thanks again to Yankee for providing the base model.

I also did some work on the LA County squad and USFS utility.

Credits to Hoppah for the county squad utility box and its parts and also the USFS parts seen in the bed.

Yankee43 gets credit for texturing the old F series.

I was able to put in more work and I now have the almost fully finished USFS Engine. Credit goes to Hoppah for the rear and THVFD for the cab. My contributions to the model are editing the rear end and adding that hose reel section. The Aerodynic lightbar is by EmC Unit.

untitled3.jpg

untitled2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, theblackangel18 said:

@itchboy are you going to put some of the scripts feautures in this mod that were present in the city if angels mod? I don't know if you already answered this question and if it's the case, sorry to repeat it again

Keep up the good work!

No.

I will only implement into this project the scripts that I have put into mods such as West Falls, West Lampeter and Miami Mod.

27 minutes ago, maxxmike1234 said:

Will the CHP Diplomat remain a slick top? There are versions with the 80s style lights on them but I think the slick tops were more common.

The CHP Diplomat is gone. Too old for the mid to late 90s setting.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, mr matt5432123 said:

If you want to use the ARFF rigs then go for it, this looks like a it will be a good mod.

Thank you very much. I can't thank you enough for letting me use the model, it really is a lifesaver.

4 hours ago, Squad 65 said:

The main one used in the 90s is the one already in the LA Mod. There was only one Oshkosh T-1500 used in the 90s as Crash 80

I haven't spoiled it yet but I might as well now: the plan is to modify MrMatt's Oshkosh model into a 1980 model as seen on Flickr.

• Like 2

Www8s1O.png

Once again a huge thanks to Mr Matt and EmC Unit for their work on this model, which gave me an excellent base to create the 1980 version.

If either of you are reading, I propose that this be included into your ARFF pack. Are you guys down for that?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4