itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

My guess is, you're going to be making personal edits to this mod when it comes out?

I would prefer the project's assets be treated with respect rather than being used as other people's fuel for their own stuff, but that's just my opinion.

If you do have sirens in mind, feel free to send them over to replace the six default LA mod sirens.

The only vehicle I would be making a edit of is the Engine but yeah I'll be sending you a small siren pack I run for my LA Mods and maybe a exclusive 90s style one

I have made my own version of the Crown Firecoach.

unknown.png

I did however make a major mistake: the models utilized by LAFD were open top, meaning the cab interior is exposed to the outside, and not enclosed like this. I am looking for outside help to model the rear body of this vehicle. I'd also like some help with textures. Reference images will be provided. This truck will be a one use vehicle, namely the Foam Carrier.

Another fire rig that was finished today is this 1992 Seagrave. Huge thanks to FB1 on youtube for taking video of this great old truck.

unknown.png

Lastly, I am very grateful to have Yankee43 helping me with this project too. He has graciously provided a Cadillac Peacekeeper. This model will act as a replacement to the SWAT Bearcat. The SWAT BEAR has no retro equivalent so it will be removed. The big Cadillac V100 APC will be kept however, though I intend on removing its water cannon functionality.

Untitled.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The models in that mod aren't allowed for use, but there is a bigger problem.

In Em3, they didn't actually make 3D models of the whole vehicle, rather, they pieced it together using child objects like a LEGO figure. Each part like the front, side, roof is made of child objects and are completely separate models from one another.

I couldn't use these even if I wanted to, however I do have a reference for what an open cab should look like ingame.

Not all is lost though. Through looking at the mod, I re-discovered an old "exploit" regarding child objects and persons, which could allow for having persons appear inside open back and open cab fire engines. More research will need to be done before I can conclusively say that is the case.

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2020 at 9:56 AM, Squad 65 said:

So basically like a motorcycle cop?

Not really. That's animations, a completely different skill than child objects.

b3sc2uw.png

ygwyGh6.png

I will be PMing some people and sending these over for liveries and lights. More units will be done soon enough.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, itchboy said:

Not really. That's animations, a completely different skill than child objects.

b3sc2uw.png

ygwyGh6.png

I will be PMing some people and sending these over for liveries and lights. More units will be done soon enough.

Ah Alright. I'm finalizing the siren I have then shipping it to you. 

• Like 1

Old school USFS engine WIP. Cab by THVFD, rear is the LA mod original by Hoppah.

I also thought it would be cool to bring back a highly requested rig: The LAFD Brush Humvee. About 10 years ago, there were plenty of requests to make one, and JoseOu did try however the model did not look right. This is the original Humvee model by Hoppah.

Untitled.png

untitled2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

A few updates for PD using assets I've previously released combined with original LA mod assets. The LAPD Tahoe is a modified version of the Suburban - both models by bama and adapted to SUV's by me.

All Aerodynic, Vector and Jetsonic bars in this submod are by rihis and EmC-Unit.

These two officers are from Airport and Port Police respectively. Gameplay wise, they are clones of the LAPD officer. Their purpose is to fix the problem of the original mod where LAPD officers were assigned to port and airport duty despite both agencies being separate from LAPD.

I plan on including these officers as a separate package for anyone who wants to play LA mod without the retro units but with the accurate personnel.

Em4Deluxe 2020-07-06 23-43-47-37.png

Em4Deluxe 2020-07-06 23-44-10-04.png

• Like 7

Here is the debut of the main fire engines of the submod

l3GYp9M.png

Also completed is the Hazmat.

NUGSHRz.png

I also replaced the old SAR dog SUV because it never felt "right" to me.

rL5Dh0X.png

And using that van model, a few edits and a fresh UV map, here is the coroner van.

gj96WnQ.png

All models by MikeyPI and Hoppah with edits by me.

• Like 8

On 7/6/2020 at 10:17 AM, EmC-Unit said:

Read beacon car would be cool

Yes. An unmarked car with one of those rotating magnetic lights on top. 

Also are you going to do any CHP cars? Back then they still had the unusual lighting arrangement of a steady burning red light sticking out the driver's side door where a spotlight would go on a modern car.

The magnetic beacon isn't legit on any of the real unmarked units. I don't plan on adding fictional units unless there are no pictures of the specific unit.

The CHP units (they're in the pictures, I promise) have the Vision bar which negates the need for the steady burn spotlight. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1