Yankee43

Making Lightbar [SOLVED]

So, I took the Vision SLR off the the FDNY Tower Ladder 111 to edit and use on the NYPD ESS Truck Eight. The light bar that is currently on this truck is inaccurate, so I am updating it.

I opened the ladder file V3o, the lightbar was saved on the model itself. I deleted everything except the bar, saved as essSLR, and then exported as essSLR1 in v3o format.

Problem is, whenever I make the child in the editor, it shows no model file dummy, despite having the model file selected. Whenever I try to import the v3o into zmod, nothing happens, I click import and thats it, nothing pops up. 

If I open the z3d file, everything is fine.

Is there a setting or something I have to do to make it work in game?

13 minutes ago, Vojtula said:

When you have the z3d model opened make sure it is named the same in editor as you are exporting it.

So if you imported the ladder I imagine it was named ladder.v3o so when you export the lightbar it needs to be exported as ladder as well or rename the model i Zm3

Both files are named exactly the same, just one is z3d and other is v30. 

I just noticed, the z3d has text when I open in NP++, but the v3o does not. Likely the problem. How can I fix this?

On 10/19/2019 at 6:03 PM, Yankee43 said:

I just noticed, the z3d has text when I open in NP++, but the v3o does not. Likely the problem. How can I fix this?

Don't know if you figured it out yet, but if the v3o is blank it means that it was not exported correctly from Zmod.

When you delete everything but lightbar from the model and are ready to export you must still connect it to ladder model and export to desktop.Then you can rename the file vision and open it in Zmod.