Yankee43

2015 Tahoe PPV [STOPPED]

I am taking my firs hit at modeling, I honestly cannot tell how well this is coming along, if well at all. If I actually make it through with this then maybe I will release it, 2015 Tahoe is definitely needed around here.

Would please like some modeling tips. I have read tutorials and I am kinda stuck at the part where I extrude the edges and features. 

P.S. Itchboy plz update 3d modeling tutorial http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png

2a9317fe71eeb155021fd9230bda63a8.png

14 minutes ago, itchboy said:

My apologies for not continuing the tutorial.

If you need help continuing the model, I'll be around to help.

Don't worry about it, I'm sure you have a lot to do. It just does not look right. In the tutorial you posted, all the polygons/triangles look so uniform. Mine are all over the place. Is there a pattern you follow? Also, the part about extruding edges to get the features of the vehicle like the slopes over the wheels and the curve of the vehicle itself, I cannot figure how to do that. I am in ZMod3.

I cut the vehicle up into a grid, but also follow the lines of the doors, wheel arches, etc.

You are doing it right so far, however I can see some vertices that are not attached together. Some vertices were also placed against edges.

Those are mostly easy to fix. Just get ready to revise a lot, and of course, move forward without making those mistakes.

8 hours ago, itchboy said:

I cut the vehicle up into a grid, but also follow the lines of the doors, wheel arches, etc.

You are doing it right so far, however I can see some vertices that are not attached together. Some vertices were also placed against edges.

Those are mostly easy to fix. Just get ready to revise a lot, and of course, move forward without making those mistakes.

Okay, that makes sense. I appreciate it. I guess you can see where I followed wheel arches and what not, it starts good around there and then gets mushy. Are the grayed-out lines the unattached vertices you are referring to?

29 minutes ago, itchboy said:

I find it totally rad that you got to this level of progress within one month, with zero past experience.

You're doing great. I can see it coming together already.

Thank you very much Itchboy. You have played a humongous role in getting me to where I am. Without all of the support and answers you have given me, this would not be at the level it is. So again, thank you!!!

2 hours ago, goog said:

I agree with Itchboy,you deserve a ton of credit,great job so far and can't wait to see it with a skin on it!

Me either http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png Thank you very much goog. Means a lot coming from you guys! I am having a lot of fun with it, you can expect more from me to come.

Alright, they beat me to it! Terrow has made a beautiful 4th gen Tahoe for us. I will not be continuing work on this. However, I still have other projects going on, this will not be the last you see of me for a long time. 

If there is one thing I have learned from this project, its you need to keep going. I have had countless times working on the model where I faced a problem, and I kind of just closed the program. Now that I am in Zmod2 and I have learned so much from this project, with it being my first 3d model, I feel I am enabled to do better work much faster. 

Thank you to everyone who had helped me through this! I could not have achieved this level of knowledge without everyone's assistance, and it is truly too many people to count.

Happy Holidays, maybe I will announce my next plans soon!

• Upvote 1