Shield51

New to Modding EM4 Advice needed on VO

How do Folks,

Apologies on being late to the party as such but I have recently found an interest in the map editor with EM4 however honestly have no idea how it works. After multiple tutorials, most being in a foreign language and trying to wrap my brain around all the functions my attention span deteriorated dramatically, so I point towards anyone who can help me with my dilemma below.

I play the LA Mod 2.1 almost religously everytime I come on to EM4 and haven't really played with any other such mod because of how versatile Hoppahs mod is. However I noticed that on some submods made of Hoppahs LA mod that there were additional parking spots for extra vehicles. Now I understand these submods are not available to the public anymore for whatever reason the authors of those submods choose and I respect. However I am aiming to replicate the parking spots for my own personal game such as adding an EMS Crown Vic to the smaller station along with a brush truck or similar units to the fire stations.... However I am a COMPLETE dunce when it comes to the editor and anyone here who would kindly have the time to give me a step by step detailed explanation as to how to add these Parking Spots into the map I would be so grateful. On top of which I have come to learn that Virtual Objects or VOs are mainly to do with this?

Anyways, any light that could be shed on this would be greatly appreciated as I am coming close to being out of options now I am afraid.

Many Thanks,

Shield51

In the context of the fire station scripts, virtual objects in Em4 are merely markers to indicate a position within the game world. The VO's serve to tell the game where to put something, or where an object should be created, or spawn.

Virtual objects don't actually enable a certain vehicle or object to spawn. Rather, the virtual objects have to be accessed by script, and then coded for them to function within a script.

To add a new vehicle, let's begin with what you already know. Create a virtual object on the map with a name that fits. Say, "VO_EmsCar" or something like that.