alexCNP

So... Does People really creates things on Zmodeler?

Well, I think the tittle is concise.

I'm trying zmod3 trial license and I think is not user friendly at all, compared to other 3d programs (calculate distances, center body, etc...)

So, It's just my impression because I'm a beginner, or it is really that hard to learn it?

Yes, people can create things in Zmodeler. Blender is free and you can create things there too. Bama1234 (the modder of Montana mod) is known to use GMAX for his 3d models.

As long as you are comfortable with the program and know what you're doing, you can make anything.

When your trial of Zm3 runs out, consider doing a "downgrade" to Zm2 and try modelling things there.

Zm3 has a special advantage though: You can edit person models in there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks!

I'm a little bit confused with ZM2 and it's license system, but I think it's what I will do after trial expires. Can deal with default person models.

And I will keep trying as both of you said. Maybe I'm very used to Sketchup http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_rofl.gif

I use sketchup still for it’s simplicity. The only issue I run across occasionally is sizing (although this is probably a problem for all other outside programs) and typically use a vehicle to scale for the game. Feel free to message me if you run into any programs if you use this

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Terrow said:

I use sketchup still for it’s simplicity. The only issue I run across occasionally is sizing (although this is probably a problem for all other outside programs) and typically use a vehicle to scale for the game. Feel free to message me if you run into any programs if you use this

thought Sketchup gives some CTD errors which it's models.

But what about converting? Do you still need Zmod?

Personally, I do not have a problem with ZM but this is not a program for me
In the same way, chocolate is not for everyone

Blender is free and easier it really only took me 2 weeks to learn

And as a result, I created my first Lightbars as an example before I took care of something bigger

Now I can and model, for example, Buildings or equipment
Lightbars, rear sides for fire trucks

I also have a more difficult project on the finish
for example a car

If I chose another city I would have to learn to quickly model vehicles, but my mod does not need that why?

Because many years ago, the German moders created European models, I have everything here,
what is missing is what I model myself

greetings

• Like 1

Okay, so Blender can work with V3o models without Zmod, nice to know. I've seen the script from download section.

Will give it a try

About german moders, yes, its an advantage, but I usually have to edit those models to match what I'm looking for... so better to have an idea about what I'm doing first haha