warriors1829

Looking to start modding

Hello everyone,

I have decided that I want to try my hand at EM4 modding. I have no prior experience modding and I would like to start. Obviously I will start privately editing another mod such as the LA mod so I want to just start with the basics like adding new calls or changing current ones. I have looked around both this forum and the internet as a whole and have not exactly come across any helpful tutorials and/or tips. If anyone knows of any good tips or tutorials please let me know. If there are none would anybody have any suggestions on where I should start? I'd really like to at some point be able to build a mod or two from scratch and release them publicly but we'll have to see how this goes.

Home is the best place to start with. Your profile picture has a station 61, so that's the set of vehicles you should try to make in the game.

Once you settle on a livery or decal you wanna do, start by editing the textures of the vehicles in the LA mod.

You need to download this unpacked textures set before you can start modding.

Go into paint.net, GIMP or Photoshop and start editing.

45 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Home is the best place to start with. Your profile picture has a station 61, so that's the set of vehicles you should try to make in the game.

Once you settle on a livery or decal you wanna do, start by editing the textures of the vehicles in the LA mod.

You need to download this unpacked textures set before you can start modding.

Go into paint.net, GIMP or Photoshop and start editing.

I'll definitely start working on that, thank you. In the meantime are there any tutorials out there that show how to edit or add calls/emergencies within a mod?