Jake Williams

Modding/Game Error

Hey everyone.

So recently I've started to have problems with Emergency 4. I own the disk version of the game. It has always been in my disk reader. 

One time I got it out of the reader and inserted it back in again. Ever since, the game has constantly had errors. These include;

• I can only run the games as an Administrator. It crashes if I open it normally.
  • Mods that require ModInstaller (e.g. London Mod) do not load whatsoever. When I try to re-install them, a message appears telling me that mod is already installed. (Spanner-icon in the game)
  • When I try to reinstall EM4 itself, a message stating that 'this version of Direct X is not compatible' even though I have made sure it is via 'WineD3DForWindows'

I've looked up everything on Google and nothing has worked. I used to love playing this game and I hope that I'll get the help I need.

Cheers

logfile.txt

logfile.txt

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, Jake Williams said:

Hey everyone.

So recently I've started to have problems with Emergency 4. I own the disk version of the time. It has always been in my disk reader. 

One time I got it out of the reader and inserted it back in again. Ever since, the game has constantly had errors. These include;

• I can only run the games as an Administrator. It crashes if I open it normally.
  • Mods that require ModInstaller (e.g. London Mod) do not load whatsoever. When I try to re-install them, a message appears telling me that mod is already installed. (Spanner-icon in the game)
  • When I try to reinstall EM4 itself, a message stating that 'this version of Direct X is not compatible' even though I have made sure it is via 'WineD3DForWindows'

I've looked up everything on Google and nothing has worked. I used to love playing this game and I hope that I'll get the help I need.

Cheers

logfile.txt

This sure is odd, when you try reinstalling a mod try using the em4 modinstaller to uninstall it (the original files) first if you haven't already tried that.