BxPanxi

EM4 won't open and crashes immediately.

Hi I have been playing EM4 for about a week or so, and I set the resolution way too big to the point where I couldn't even change it back, and so I messed with the em4.cfg and screwed up the game, when I messed with it, I set the resolution to the normal resolution, 800 something and 700 something. THat made the game crash and go straight to a black screen for about 2 seconds then crash. After that I tried to reinstall it and delete the installer file too, still didn't work. I tried just deleting the em4.cfg and tried, still didn't work. Nothing works! I dont know if it is my driver but if it is, I don't know how to update it at all. And when I get the request to install a DIrectX at the end of the Em4 installation, it says it's not compatible with my windows. So if you could help me, that'd be great.

--Headed to bed, 

BxPanxi

Try setting the resolution in the cfg file based on what your GPU settings are. 800 by 700 seems like a weird resolution, so chances are you may be mistaken with that value.

Also, be sure you aren't reversing the xres and yres values.

In my case, my monitor is a cheap LED one that has 1368 x 768 as the resolution. In my cfg file, I've set xres to 1368 while yres is 768

15 hours ago, itchboy said:

Try setting the resolution in the cfg file based on what your GPU settings are. 800 by 700 seems like a weird resolution, so chances are you may be mistaken with that value.

Also, be sure you aren't reversing the xres and yres values.

In my case, my monitor is a cheap LED one that has 1368 x 768 as the resolution. In my cfg file, I've set xres to 1368 while yres is 768

I tried that, but it still crashes,

https://gyazo.com/7c7290afd332aac55a673281aafcb726

https://gyazo.com/3ab3d6d845be8dcc69d1fa774c258d75

Now I am super confused. Your logfile shows that the "xres" value is 1360, but the logfile has 1360 as the yres value. It seems to be reversed in the logfile, and now I am very confused.

I cant think of a reason that the logfile values would differ from the cfg file.

7 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Now I am super confused. Your logfile shows that the "xres" value is 1360, but the logfile has 1360 as the yres value. It seems to be reversed in the logfile, and now I am very confused.

I cant think of a reason that the logfile values would differ from the cfg file.

Oh ha! My bad, after I posted the post from 6 hours ago ^ I tried switching them, let me switch them back so I don't confuse you.

Right click on Em4.exe and select "run as administrator".

Additionally, do you have Windows DEP disabled? Some people in the past had issues with Windows shutting Em4 down prematurely.

An antivirus could also cause problems with the program, even causing it to crash due to a lack of memory.

Untitled.png