Engine 14

Emergency 4 Question

These questions may have been already addressed and answered, so I respectfully ask for patience. While playing Emergency 4 in "Endless Game" mode (with Hoppa's "L.A. Mod"), I am asking the following questions:

1) Endless Game mode runs awfully fast - sometimes I have more incidents to handle than I can reasonably complete. Is there a way to "slow down" the pace of the dispatcher?

2) In line with the above, is there a certain time limit that the paramedic requires for treating a victim?  Should the paramedic "treat" the victim for 15 to 30 seconds to simulate treatment, or can I bring in the stretcher carriers immediately after treatment has begun?

3) If an emergency unit (assigned to station #1 or #2) is destroyed, do I get replacement unit from the equipment pool? Will it return to the the original unit's station for responses?

3 hours ago, Engine 14 said:

These questions may have been already addressed and answered, so I respectfully ask for patience. While playing Emergency 4 in "Endless Game" mode (with Hoppa's "L.A. Mod"), I am asking the following questions:

1) Endless Game mode runs awfully fast - sometimes I have more incidents to handle than I can reasonably complete. Is there a way to "slow down" the pace of the dispatcher?

2) In line with the above, is there a certain time limit that the paramedic requires for treating a victim?  Should the paramedic "treat" the victim for 15 to 30 seconds to simulate treatment, or can I bring in the stretcher carriers immediately after treatment has begun?

3) If an emergency unit (assigned to station #1 or #2) is destroyed, do I get replacement unit from the equipment pool? Will it return to the the original unit's station for responses?

1)

Should be somewhere in there

2)The victim can be taken away right after the paramedic begins treatment. But be careful, if the red bar is below a certain point the victim can possibly die before getting to the hospital.

3)Yeah, you can replace units from both stations with other units from the unit pool as long as it is the same type of vehicle.

A belated "thank you" to Mr. Matt 5432123 for your response to my question on 6/21/18. However, the problem of "slowing down" the pace of the dispatches still remains.  I may have been mistaken and not researched deep enough into the forum libraries for my problem. The response I printed off was from MikesPhotos back from 2008 and apparently dealt with an earlier version of the LA MODs. The LA Mod in his response was for Version 1.6. I have Hoppa's LA Mod 2.1.  The result when I attempt to "modify" the pace of the dispatcher utilizing MikesPhotos information is "ACCESS DENIED," or "File not found."  Is there information available for the current version (2.1) I am using?

Some additional information (maybe this is the cause of my problem of not being able to modify). I have EM4 Global Fighters for Life on a Windows 7 computer NOT hooked up to the Internet. Could this make a difference? Thank you.

Have you checked if the freeplay files are read-only?

Some people cant edit files on Win7 because of UAC or some other restriction. Check if that has been enabled on your PC or not.

Your internet connection should have no bearing on the editing of files on your computer.

OK. Thank you. I will check the computer specs and get back to this site.

OK, I am back. I opened up the game and clicked on Mods; then Specs. I found fp_params_endless.xml. I opened up "properties," and can see:

fp_params_endless

type: xml

Attributes: No Boxes Checked. Both "Read Only" and "Hidden" do not have any check marks or filled in boxes.

Under UAC, this is set at: "Don't notify me when I make changes to Windows settings."

Where do  I go from here?

Thank you for your assistance. I was not sure how to make a "screen shot" of the files you asked for, so took a bunch of cell phone pictures depicting each step I utilized. Today, I was unpleasantly surprised to find that my wireless phone connection was not compatible to my computer (a message popped up telling me that the computer did not recognize the USB device). Therefore, I could not transfer the photos to the computer and thus attach them to this forum. However, I think I may have resolved the problem being addressed here. I went to the "specs" folder in the LA Mod, opened up "fp_params_endless.xml," changed the frequency duration from 60.0 to 120.0, and "saved" the change. This went into "my documents" folder. I then changed the .doc to .xml, then copied the entire code line and "pasted" it into the game. I was advised that I needed "Administrator" permission to make the change. I clicked "yes," and then closed everything out. After a couple of minutes, I reopened the EM 4 Game, and viewed the "specs" folder, and my new change was installed. I ran the game in Free Play Endless Mode, and I am happy to announce that I am getting a longer "gap" in the pace of the emergency incidents. Thank you again for your advice and assistance.