TheCHcuky

Effective way on Changing Map files in Mods

Changing a map in a mod is a lot of work. Instead of changing the map, I choose the mod that has the map that I like. If you wish to share it after you develop it you need to get the creator of that mod permission.

A map relies on scripts and the vehicles it uses as well as the VO's (Virtual Objects) on the map. You can drag and drop the map you want to use into your mod. You than should open the mod in the Editor. Load the map and study the VO's to familiarize yourself as to there location and orientation. Next study your game scripts To Police Station Scripts To Fire Station Scripts, and To Hospital Scripts. If you want to know which scripts your vehicle uses open your mod in the Editor. Go to edit-go to scene and your prototype window will open. Click on your vehicle category (such as LA Ambulance). Click on your vehicle, then click edit. Your vehicle information window will open. Click on Edit Commands. This will open the Command Editor. All the Commands on the left are commands in the game. All the Commands on the right are the commands that your vehicle uses. All of these commands are script driven. the goto commands correspond to a place on the map according to the VO. There is more but I hope this helps.

Norm,