ambulance chaser

how to model,

dear modding community, im here asking for help on how to do a scratch made model of my choice. the thing is i actually drew up my own blueprints of a real life model only issue is i need some assistance on modeling off of it, right now i have zmodeler 2 and 3 and blender i was wondering if you have any toutorial help for novices like me? the thing is i want to build then convert it over to gta 5, ive seen others make there own models and id like to join in. if anyone can help lead me in the right direction or provide tips on curving and things that would be great! thanks so much!:D

Start by learning how to model a basic shape in whatever software you prefer. Zmod and Blender each have their own distinct tools, methods and terminologies so you will have to settle on one.

Once you know how to model something basic like a square, rectangle or letter, start figuring out how to create a 2d mesh out of the blueprint youve done.

On 4/17/2018 at 7:48 PM, itchboy said:

Start by learning how to model a basic shape in whatever software you prefer. Zmod and Blender each have their own distinct tools, methods and terminologies so you will have to settle on one.

Once you know how to model something basic like a square, rectangle or letter, start figuring out how to create a 2d mesh out of the blueprint youve done.

ok which is the best one or easiest to use? so far im using blender and im trying the tracing method for now i also heard of google sketchup anything on that?

If you started with blender, chances are you find it easy so just stay with it.

Sketchup models arent suitable for Em4 because of the way they double up their polygons on both sides of the surface. In the past this site also has had problems with ownership and credits of sketchup models so I wont advise taking that route unless you built the model yourself and know how to optimize it for the game.

17 hours ago, itchboy said:

If you started with blender, chances are you find it easy so just stay with it.

Sketchup models arent suitable for Em4 because of the way they double up their polygons on both sides of the surface. In the past this site also has had problems with ownership and credits of sketchup models so I wont advise taking that route unless you built the model yourself and know how to optimize it for the game.

ok then blender ill stick with blender then, so this tracing method im using what should i do about things like the bumper? is that something i do last or do i just trace everything on the blueprint? on this particular ambulance i want to model it has some parts on it that probably wont align with the trace, im just starting with the back first.

Your model parts dont need to line up to the blueprint or reference material 100%. What matters is when in 3d view, the model you're doing looks proportional to the actual vehicle.

Disclaimer:  I dont know how to create models in Blender. Zmod is my preferred program so any concerns with the tools in Blender will have to go to someone else.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

17 hours ago, itchboy said:

Your model parts dont need to line up to the blueprint or reference material 100%. What matters is when in 3d view, the model you're doing looks proportional to the actual vehicle.

Disclaimer:  I dont know how to create models in Blender. Zmod is my preferred program so any concerns with the tools in Blender will have to go to someone else.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2018_04/Untitled.png.a1e1f6913d2702005947e27203844418.png

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2018_04/Untitled.png.97fe8abdf3c36f47c7cabbb1983be0cb.png

ok who would be the person to ask about blender? well zmodeler 2 was something i looked into before but it was better to stick with blender or zmodeler3 that was referenced the most. 5932882574_a943330a6b_b.jpg so as you see in the bumper that's the kind of geometry im concerned about perfecting but in 3d modeling terms that's nothing major to worry about detail wise?

On 4/22/2018 at 12:48 AM, itchboy said:

For bumpers like that, you'd do them separately. They're not an integral part of the rear box.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2018_04/Untitled.png.3b032d605b3047224ea543006934a16b.png

ok i figured as much i probably would have to insert a plane on blender and trace the contours, and attach it somehow. so when i do light squares and circles from what were seeing here i can do that separately as well and attach it on?

2 hours ago, itchboy said:

Its possible to do that, I just dont know how to in Blender.

It would be helpful if you posted pictures of your model so far btw.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rATwwbXpPhDKaq6yyk3qjK8T5rkK4dJv/view?usp=sharing   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rATwwbXpPhDKaq6yyk3qjK8T5rkK4dJv/view?usp=sharing

that's what i started out with!:D so im trying to figure where i go next from there.