MattJuly

Emergency 4 on VMware Fusion virtual machine on Mac

Hi everyone, as you you can see from the title, I'm trying to play EM4 on a virtual machine on Mac. I tried it on three different OS: XP Professional, Windows 7 and Windows 2000. On both Windows 7 and 2000, the game doesn't even start, it just crashes to the desktop after the intro; instead, on Windows XP I managed to open it and even play it, but after a few minutes of play, all the models disappear, and remain just some lights and the texture of the terrain but I can still select the units and move them without seeing them.

I tried to play with and without the mods and nothing changed. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall it and then play the original game, but the result was the same.

Here the specs of my computer:

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)

3,4 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Macintosh HD

Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB

Thank you for your help.

logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

Well, most likely it's your emulation software is using a generic video card instead of the proper one. You are using DX9c so that is most likely not the problem; but in your logfile you've got a generic vid card:

Card name: VMware SVGA II
     Manufacturer: VMware, Inc.
        Chip type: VMware SVGA II
         DAC type: VMware SVGA II

My suggestion is to attempt to find a way to force the video card to actually be your actual video card via the emulation software. Without doing that you're being stuck with their emulated card which is going to be very basic in nature in what it can do and ultimately the game won't want to run correctly with it (the game was not designed for "generic" video cards).

Sorry if I didn't respond earlier. I tried everything to make it work but nothing worked. At this point I don't think is possible to play Emergency 4 on a virtual machine on Mac. I believe the only way is to play it on BootCamp, but I haven't tried yet. Thank you so much for your help MikeyPI.