Nara00

EM4 Mod Lag when lights on

Hi Guys, 

my EM4 is extremely laggy when using mod and when the lights are on. it's doing fine if i play the original game without mod. 

so far i've tried LA, Mayberry, NY101, West Canadian. All mods gave similar symptoms, laggy when the lights are on but back to normal when i turned the lights off.

i'm using Asus Laptop X550ZE  (AMD FX7500, Radeon R7 + R5, 12GB RAM) with windows 10 now. Actually i was using windows 8.1 before and thought the problem was directx and windows update, so after multiple failed update then i decide to move on to windows 10. I've installed all windows 10 update and have Directx 12. But the issue persisted.

Any idea what can i do? 

thanks

logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

You should probably look into replacing those lights with different coronas. I believe the creator of the Mentor Modification/Ocean City Modification has a file, but they're probably specific to those mods. Otherwise, look into some of the CFG files or turn the lights off when they're not needed. (For example whenever you have many units on-scene and such)

Good luck!

Hello if you still don't know how to fix it. Here is a Solution!

I have a fix for all those who have problems with Em4 FPS as soon as they turn on the lights of the vehicles since it was rumoured it is due to the AMD driver does not agree it is a setting in the em4.cfg

<var name="e4_mbfastcopy" value="1" />
on
<var name="e4_mbfastcopy" value="0" />

Change then it should actually go No idea why it's now I've worked on it a week to fix it I'd be happy if people write down below if it worked :)
If this didn't belong here I apologize but since it was a nasty problem I thought it's coming in here," :D

6 hours ago, staroverov2003 said:

I have a fix for all those who have problems with Em4 FPS as soon as they turn on the lights of the vehicles since it was rumoured it is due to the AMD driver does not agree it is a setting in the em4.cfg

on

Change then it should actually go No idea why it's now I've worked on it a week to fix it I'd be happy if people write down below if it worked :)
If this didn't belong here I apologize but since it was a nasty problem I thought it's coming in here," :D

yes it works I did the test and took the lag and it was still 4 -10 fps

On 5/17/2021 at 5:05 PM, staroverov2003 said:

on

This is definitely working with an AMD card. With this value at 1 I cant even have 3-4 lights on, after this, I had the basic 40-50fps with 50 lights on. Thank you