RestingVermin

zmodeler won't export in same size

Hello everybody! Hope you are all doing well!

I have an issue with zmodeler. When I export the model in one scale, it exports into a much bigger scale. I then scale it back down with exact transform and exports it again but no luck. How do I fix this?

Here is a picture to compare of the sizes. I want it to be the smaller one of course.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2018_02/0a25c54f8b94493d2a6a1a25f90af723.png.5b77270921be65ed96397d2d73857148.png

0a25c54f8b94493d2a6a1a25f90af723.png

Two ways usually clear this problem, one is global axis: reset to parent/Reset to world (as itchy suggested) the other is to dump the file into some other format, try old zmod format (zmod1) and reimport. sometimes it just flukes at dumping and makes the scaling issue crop up. Usually exporting as some other format and re-import will cause the file to re-order and for whatever reason resolve it. Just make sure you reset the axis and recalculate the normals as a fail-safe in case the format you used flips them.

I checked their Zmod file. No obvious issues at first glance, but I did an axis centering just to be sure. The exported file was consistent in size to the source.

Okay, I looked again and noticed something weird: The original z3d file was 5mb. As soon as I saved it, it went down to 240kb.

Untitled.png

Okay, weird. I tried centering the axis again on your z3d file, and this time, the model jumped all the way to some far off point in the Zmodeler world.

I was able to reset it just fine, and I saved it. Guess what? The z3d filesize is back to 243 as I had experienced before.

Now, I tried again but this time I pressed the 'reset to parent' button on the model. It ended up working fine, and some of the verts ended up correcting themselves as well. I hit the center to object button and this time it stay put.

Texture files are just referenced in the model file where to look for them, the actual textures themselves contain the "size" for that portion, the model file just says materialX, look here for the texture and that's that.. What i'm thinking is if you've converted the file from some other format (like blender) it might be why your size is significantly larger than itch's. Quite often converted files will have duplicate verts and/or polys that raise their filesize dramatically.