mtloya

LAToFireStation Alterations Not Working Correctly

Hi all,

I'm once again trying to mod my freeplay map, because I tend to spawn in a brush and HET and leave them in the parking lot of station 2 while I play. But I wanted to create actual parking spaces for them to and assign them the ToFireStation command for them to return as any other unit, instead of me having to manually send them back. I've also been working with Java recently, so I'm a bit more fluent with coding than in the past.

Long story short, I have already created the VOs in the editor and have also given both trucks the commands, and also edited the FireStation, FireStationStart, and ToFireStation scripts. Both of the vehicles DO in fact spawn in correctly, and I even am able to get the personnel to run to the trucks correctly when raising the alarm. However, my issue lies when I move the trucks and try to send them back to the station. I was assuming that they would act like any of the other units do, and move to the VO behind the rear gate, or rather more like how the battalion chief & the Donut shop PD spaces act, (which in this case are separate VOs I simply called fs_brush2 and fs_hvyequip2) and then drive into their correct spot. This DOES NOT happen. Instead, when I click the ToFireStation command, they return to the correct area, but they don't park in their spots at all. They're sideways, diagonal, basically just a random rotation and location that is near the spot I created for them, and their ToFireStation command gets grayed out as if they're parked, but the personnel do not exit and get back inside the station... I'll attach a couple screenshots to better help explain... Unfortunately all my screenshots from in-game had to be taken with my phone, because prnscrn didn't capture the window correctly.

1. The VOs created in the editor.

Spoiler

hXYPML8.png

2. Personnel in vehicles after raising an alarm (starting a new freeplay game). Vehicles are spawning in correctly. (I don't really care that they're facing the building.) Note that the ToFireStation command is grayed out.

Spoiler

JVMtAyP.jpg

3. The two vehicles are moved away from their VOs and the fs_squad2 VO, the ToFireStation is no longer grayed out.

Spoiler

wOtZaI1.jpg

4. And finally, this is an example of the result of me clicking the ToFireStation command. They aren't correctly in their parking spots, and the personnel are still in the vehicles. (auto-empty is turned on.)

Spoiler

edE7nDr.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what to do next. I mean, gameplay wise, when I click the 'tofirestation', they're essentially parked how I used to spawn and park them prior to altering the scripts. Meaning, this IS playable at it's current state. However, I'm not entirely thrilled with the outcome and I'd really like for them to be properly parked.

Furthermore, I'm also working on adding some additional units to the police station parking lot, but that script appears to be completely different than the fire station one, so I haven't begun work on it yet.

Any suggestions? Any help is appreciated and welcomed!

Thank you all!

Here are my 3 altered scripts if anyone is interested:

LAFireStation.script

LAFireStationStart.script

LAToFireStation.script

LAFireStation.script

LAFireStationStart.script

LAToFireStation.script

1 hour ago, Squad 65 said:

Move one of the vehicles to another Parking spot at the station

I'll try this and get back to you.

Okay, so I moved the HET over 2 spaces, as seen in the picture. Opened up the game and loaded a freeplay and wouldn't you know it, the HET works perfect now! For whatever reason, the Brush still isn't responding to the send to station command (as it should, that is.). Also, neither apparatus send their personnel back inside the station still. I'm not incredibly concerned about this however, because I typically disable that feature anyway.

My next move will be to move the Brush VOs toward the HET and see if that makes any difference.

Pic: Moved the HET VOs towards the street away from the Brush. This actually worked.

Spoiler

C7sgGRq.png

For the sake of bandwidth, I won't add any additional pics of this specific alteration. However, allow me to number the spaces in order for this to be easily explained: From left to right, the spot closest to the station where the Brush was originally will be 1, 2, 3, and then 4 where the HET is in the picture above.

I attempted to move the Brush from 1 to 2. Tested, both worked! I didn't like the appearance of the gap between the vehicles, so I moved the HET from 4 to 3. This also worked.

That said, I'm not sure what it is about that first spot, but that must've been what was causing the issue, for both trucks. Either that, or the civilian vehicles also in the spots next to them.
Hopefully if anyone else runs into this problem, the pictures and troubleshooting will be of help to them.

@Squad 65 Thanks for your help! I can't believe it was that simple.

Please keep this topic open, because rather than me making a new thread for any other problems I run into, I'll simply continue using this one.