EMFan

Some AssignCommands not applying

Okay,

I have 3 main mods that I play, LA Mod (Awesome!!), and most recently Harbor City 4, & 5. (also awesome)

In Harbor City 5, the when the Police Officers draw their weapon, it completely removes the arrest commands both arrest and arrest2 and they do not come back.

The troubleshooting I have tried:

1) verified that the Draw weapon script is identical in all 3 mods - it is.

2) tested the police officer on the same computer in the other 2 mods (LA and HC 4)- works as expected.

3) Edited one of the HC 5 patrol cars to allow the old CHP officer as a choice, have  car come out with both 1 Harbor city officer, one CHP officer.  CHP officer works fine (draw gun, get arrest2 command, holster gun, get arrest command).  The HC officer does not work side by side with the CHP officer.  So I assume something is wrong with the HC officer that makes the AssignCommand and removecommand not work correctly in the script.  Not sure what though.

Any help is appreciated, I see similar issues with some units I am working on in my own mod.

below is the example from the script of the commands.

Caller->AssignCommand(CMD_SHOOTGUN);
        Caller->AssignCommand(CMD_HOLSTERGUN);
        Caller->RemoveCommand(CMD_DRAWGUN);
        Caller->AssignCommand(CMD_ARREST2);
        Caller->RemoveCommand(CMD_ARREST);

Commands not showing up, is often a result of the game not being able to find the command. 

Try running it in game and afterwards look in the logfile for something like "tried to assign unknown command" http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png

If you can't find it, try to attatch the log file