Alarm112.Hjørring

LA MOD 3.0 questions

So, I was lucky enough to get my hands on the unofficial LA mod 3.0 (by Itchboy) back in 2015. Recently did some digging in the files (Models) and found out there were a variety of diffrent vehicles, more recent ones that actively in use by the LAPD, and I would like to activate them. Does anyone have any expertise in bringing them to life into the game? 

Let me know, and it will all be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas.

That mod isnt actually by me, but rather a 'compilation' of vehicles from various Em4 mods.

The author of that mod took some of my assets, CFD and goog's police upgrade, and Xplorer4x4's scripts without crediting us, or seeking permission. The author decided to shut the mod down entirely instead of rectifying those issues, despite the chances they were given.

I do not condone use of that mod because of the credit issues surrounding it, but if you are able to take care of all the credits, I will gladly allow personal use of those vehicles in that mod.

On 24/12/2017 at 1:57 PM, mooneg4k said:

do you have the model files and prototypes files also do you have the unit files as well

On 24/12/2017 at 6:11 PM, Firebuff319 said:

^

if you have all of those, then either Mooneg or I could help you http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png

Have the model and prototype files. Missing the unit files tho. Any ideas for a solution? 

On 24/12/2017 at 8:25 PM, itchboy said:

That mod isnt actually by me, but rather a 'compilation' of vehicles from various Em4 mods.

The author of that mod took some of my assets, CFD and goog's police upgrade, and Xplorer4x4's scripts without crediting us, or seeking permission. The author decided to shut the mod down entirely instead of rectifying those issues, despite the chances they were given.

I do not condone use of that mod because of the credit issues surrounding it, but if you are able to take care of all the credits, I will gladly allow personal use of those vehicles in that mod.

Glad to finally know a bit more about the mod, been wondering about where all those quality models etc came from out of nowhere. But sad to hear about all the credits was missing, and how the mod wasn't "approved" by the makers of the mod basically. I intend to use it all for personal use, not getting involved with all that crap that comes without giving credits and such. Sounds like to me you already have the credits. I would gladly add a Credits file to the mod itself if that's what you were advising for, or something else? 

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Alarm112.Hjørring said:

Have the model and prototype files. Missing the unit files tho. Any ideas for a solution? 

Glad to finally know a bit more about the mod, been wondering about where all those quality models etc came from out of nowhere. But sad to hear about all the credits was missing, and how the mod wasn't "approved" by the makers of the mod basically. I intend to use it all for personal use, not getting involved with all that crap that comes without giving credits and such. Sounds like to me you already have the credits. I would gladly add a Credits file to the mod itself if that's what you were advising for, or something else? 

Thank you.

well you going to have to make a unit file its not that hard depending on how many vehicles you want to add to your game only real problem maybe adding a siren, then adding it to the right files in Lang.

Files in Lang you will need to edit are

911 First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Lang\en

infotexts.xml

portraits.xml

for the unit file thats a catch 22 as if you add the wrong personnel to it, it may stop it showing in game but not in the editor

for this Make your unit id what you want but remeber you will need it later for when your in the portraits and infotext files

the question I have to ask is what agency are the vehicles from as from their I can try to advise you on how to do it or how to try to do it

6 hours ago, mooneg4k said:

well you going to have to make a unit file its not that hard depending on how many vehicles you want to add to your game only real problem maybe adding a siren, then adding it to the right files in Lang.

Files in Lang you will need to edit are

911 First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Lang\en

infotexts.xml

portraits.xml

for the unit file thats a catch 22 as if you add the wrong personnel to it, it may stop it showing in game but not in the editor

for this Make your unit id what you want but remeber you will need it later for when your in the portraits and infotext files

the question I have to ask is what agency are the vehicles from as from their I can try to advise you on how to do it or how to try to do it

I have now created the units file, currently I'm going to try with an unmarked charger, and basically use the unmarked crown vic unit file, and change the prototype. Should that work?

After that, what ID should I use to create the description in the info texts?

And what do I do with the Portraits?

It will mostly be LAPD, LASD, and CHP. Should I get the hang of it after trying a few? 

Hope you can help, it's appreciated. 

26 minutes ago, Alarm112.Hjørring said:

I have now created the units file, currently I'm going to try with an unmarked charger, and basically use the unmarked crown vic unit file, and change the prototype. Should that work?

After that, what ID should I use to create the description in the info texts?

And what do I do with the Portraits?

It will mostly be LAPD, LASD, and CHP. Should I get the hang of it after trying a few? 

Hope you can help, it's appreciated. 

it should work if not reply back and I will try to help you fix any problems

this guide may help you found it on the forums by Hoppah

http://www.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/article/1-emergency-4-adding-vehicles/

Info text

<string name="ID_NAME_DC_UMPC">Unmarked Patrolcar</string>
<string name="ID_PURPOSE_DC_UMPC">A Unmarked patrolcar is used by police forces to patrol, temporarily detain and transport individual criminal suspects.</string>
<string name="ID_TOOLTIP_DC_UMPC">Unmarked Patrolcar</string>

portraits. Just like infotexts.xml each unit has a line with text. This text will appear in the lower right window when you select your new vehicle

<string name="ID_PORTRAIT_DC_UMPC">Unmarked Patrolcar</string>

2 hours ago, mooneg4k said:

it should work if not reply back and I will try to help you fix any problems

this guide may help you found it on the forums by Hoppah

http://www.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/article/1-emergency-4-adding-vehicles/

Info text

<string name="ID_NAME_DC_UMPC">Unmarked Patrolcar</string>
<string name="ID_PURPOSE_DC_UMPC">A Unmarked patrolcar is used by police forces to patrol, temporarily detain and transport individual criminal suspects.</string>
<string name="ID_TOOLTIP_DC_UMPC">Unmarked Patrolcar</string>

portraits. Just like infotexts.xml each unit has a line with text. This text will appear in the lower right window when you select your new vehicle

<string name="ID_PORTRAIT_DC_UMPC">Unmarked Patrolcar</string>

I added the texts, and sadly i still don't see it showing up in the game. 

I attached the files.

Thank you for the help so far!

infotexts.xml

portraits.xml

unit.xml

ok well they all look perfect now uploading them for you now, for part 2 if you have 911 First Responders or Emergency 4 Deluxe which ever you have , you will need to go to this location it may be different for you but mine is here.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\911 First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Specs

after you go their your going to edit freeplaybase.xml and if you have the deluxe your going to need to edit both freeplaybase.xml  and freeplaybase_d.xml with this below note its up to you have count you want that basicly means how many units you get in the game at the start before you have to buy more if you want more of them or you can llike set it to 999 which basicly means you will never run out or not for a very long time, copoy the thing below and just copy and paste it in to both freeplaybase.xml  and freeplaybase_d.xml  if you have Deluxe but if you just have 911 First Responders just copy it in to freeplaybase.xml  and your done. I did have to remove the SS agent from the unit I dont know if you have that working ingame or not if you do then its easy to readd back but if you don't it may help it work ingame a bit more after you add it to the Spec files as said above good luck and any problems message me and I will try to help you, and no problem for the help I understand the pain off trying to edit and add or change vehicles so happy to help you.

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/dodge_charger_umpc.e4p" count="4" />

infotexts.xml

portraits.xml

unit.xml

infotexts.xml

portraits.xml

unit.xml

17 hours ago, mooneg4k said:

ok well they all look perfect now uploading them for you now, for part 2 if you have 911 First Responders or Emergency 4 Deluxe which ever you have , you will need to go to this location it may be different for you but mine is here.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\911 First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Specs

after you go their your going to edit freeplaybase.xml and if you have the deluxe your going to need to edit both freeplaybase.xml  and freeplaybase_d.xml with this below note its up to you have count you want that basicly means how many units you get in the game at the start before you have to buy more if you want more of them or you can llike set it to 999 which basicly means you will never run out or not for a very long time, copoy the thing below and just copy and paste it in to both freeplaybase.xml  and freeplaybase_d.xml  if you have Deluxe but if you just have 911 First Responders just copy it in to freeplaybase.xml  and your done. I did have to remove the SS agent from the unit I dont know if you have that working ingame or not if you do then its easy to readd back but if you don't it may help it work ingame a bit more after you add it to the Spec files as said above good luck and any problems message me and I will try to help you, and no problem for the help I understand the pain off trying to edit and add or change vehicles so happy to help you.

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/dodge_charger_umpc.e4p" count="4" />

infotexts.xml

portraits.xml

unit.xml

infotexts.xml

portraits.xml

unit.xml

It worked! Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it! 

You shouldn't know how to add the sirens? http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png 

20171227164256_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Alarm112.Hjørring said:

It worked! Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it! 

You shouldn't know how to add the sirens? http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png

You need to make edits to the VcmdSiren script by adding in the prototypes of the units in the file, and then adding those prototypes to their respective sections.

The siren code works by checking if the selected vehicle is x, it will play the siren tones as listed below (siren01.wav and etc).

Untitled.png

22 hours ago, Alarm112.Hjørring said:

No problem man Happy to help I blieve those models are a set done by itchboy, goog and C.F.D if you need any more help message me and I will try to help you out if its not above my skill range

On 28/12/2017 at 4:19 AM, itchboy said:

You need to make edits to the VcmdSiren script by adding in the prototypes of the units in the file, and then adding those prototypes to their respective sections.

The siren code works by checking if the selected vehicle is x, it will play the siren tones as listed below (siren01.wav and etc).

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2017_12/Untitled.png.159144d38ad439c44eaf3ca0d9aca955.png

Thank you very much Itchboy!