paleocacher

LA Mod 2.0 download?

11 hours ago, Squad 65 said:

90's sub mod will work with 2.1 with no error

Upon trying this, I discovered that copying and pasting the individual files into their various folders will enable me to use the '90s submod police vehicles while in Campaign missions. But the fire trucks, and ambulances do not appear in missions, none of them appear in freeplay and the sirens won't work. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

14 minutes ago, Squad 65 said:

Did you copy and past all of the files from the Zip or RAR file

I individually copied each folder the units and so on into the corresponding LA Mod folder. Then when they were duplicated, I told it to keep both copies but name the '90s mod files with a (1). That might explain the lack of the fire department and ambulance vehicles in the campaign, but it doesn't explain why the sirens don't work or none of the vehicles were in freeplay.

Unfortunately the older versions of the LA mod have been deleted years ago. Once 2.1 went up (in 2010, damn that was a long time ago), the older versions were deleted.

You can get it to work in the 2.1 version of LA mod but you'd need to manually add each unit and edit files accordingly.

Just now, itchboy said:

Unfortunately the older versions of the LA mod have been deleted years ago. Once 2.1 went up (in 2010, damn that was a long time ago), the older versions were deleted.

You can get it to work in the 2.1 version of LA mod but you'd need to manually add each unit and edit files accordingly.

I have gotten the various unites to appear in campaign missions but the sirens don't work and they don't appear in freeplay. If there is a guide for upgrading the mod or something I'd greatly appreciate the help.

I dont remember exactly what was edited with that submod, but you'd follow the 'adding units tutorial' 

- Only copy paste the models and prototypes from the submod

- Edit freeplaybase.xml and portraits.xml so that the units show up

- Edit the language xmls

- Edit various script to include the submod vehicles

24 minutes ago, itchboy said:

I dont remember exactly what was edited with that submod, but you'd follow the 'adding units tutorial' 

- Only copy paste the models and prototypes from the submod

- Edit freeplaybase.xml and portraits.xml so that the units show up

- Edit the language xmls

- Edit various script to include the submod vehicles

Although, I cannot find which tutorial applies.