CMCC626

CMCC626's Model Repository

CMCC626's Model Repository

Welcome! I'm starting this thread as a place to post some models that I have been making recently. The goal of this thread is to simply share some things as they don't do anyone any good sitting on my hard drive. So with that being the case, anything I post under this thread falls under a Creative Commons license; that means that some rights are reserved. So, you can distribute these models in any mod you create, simply credit CMCC626 in your read me, but you cannot sell these models for money (they probably aren't good enough for that anyways). If you feel the need to post them on another site, that's fine, just please credit me and leave the original readme in the archive file. 

Be sure to check back regularly or follow this thread for updates! 

First up is a Whelen Edge 9000 / Whelen Freedom Edge light bar, 18 inch length.

Freedom18.PNG

Freedom18.zip

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CMCC626 said:

but you cannot sell these models for money (they probably aren't good enough for that anyways).

You'd be surprised. A month or so ago, we caught someone trying to sell models that are owned by MikeyPI. There were a lot of German and British made Em4 models that were also being sold on this marketplace. We informed as many as we could, but its really up to them whether they would like to take legal action. I hoping people would have learned their lesson but it seems that people still dont care, 3 years down the road.

Anyway, the model itself looks accurate. I'd advise cutting its polycount down by half. Such a simple lightbar shape wouldnt require 1000 polygons, or 3600 vertecies.

• Upvote 1

You'd be surprised. A month or so ago, we caught someone trying to sell models that are owned by MikeyPI. There were a lot of German and British made Em4 models that were also being sold on this marketplace. We informed as many as we could, but its really up to them whether they would like to take legal action. I hoping people would have learned their lesson but it seems that people still dont care, 3 years down the road.

Anyway, the model itself looks accurate. I'd advise cutting its polycount down by half. Such a simple lightbar shape wouldnt require 1000 polygons, or 3600 vertecies.

Are they being sold on sites that sell general 3d models or on sites catering to emergency 4? I will look at doing a low poly version of each.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, CMCC626 said:

Are they being sold on sites that sell general 3d models or on sites catering to emergency 4? I will look at doing a low poly version of each.

Thanks for the feedback!

They went on to some Russian 3D model site, to be specific.

Okay, might not be Russian. Had a look at it again and it seems more Ukrainian than Russian.

They went on to some Russian 3D model site, to be specific.

Okay, might not be Russian. Had a look at it again and it seems more Ukrainian than Russian.

The deepest bowels of the internet lol

They probably have our credit card numbers there too...

10 minutes ago, CMCC626 said:

The deepest bowels of the internet lol

They probably have our credit card numbers there too...

Who knows. Our governments already have everything anyway.

So, to avoid going off topic: If you're doing a texture only lightbar, it should go for under 500. An example I can give is the attached pic. The exterior portion and mounts go for 424 polies/517 verts.

Unconventional shapes like the Valor bar will go higher just because you have to do more shaping on them.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

• Upvote 1