Squad 65

How To make a Campaign version of freeplay

The fact that only a handful of people have been able to make such a script should give you an idea to the amount of things you need to do. There are no scripts you can use to make this work. You gotta make everything yourself. This isnt some easy one step thing you can plop into any mod.

Look at the code for RTS Bieberfelde or ERS Berlin and it should give you an idea as to what to do.

• Upvote 1

Is your question about the process of doing a map swap? If so it all depends on what (if any) mod you want to do it for. Some are easier, some would be more or less impossible. Essentially you are looking at making significant map edits, including placing entry points, routes, calls, virtual objects, objects and possibly the vehicles depending on how the mod is scripted. Then you'd likely have to coordinate all of your changes into any applicable scripts, anywhere from 2 to over 10 scripts.

It would take countless hours for even someone who knew how to do it, and it would still probably be buggy as all get out.

I ported a private mod to the EM3 map from Winterberg, got everything more or less working and it was insanely buggy (of course it's pretty buggy in Winterberg too).

Bottom line is that it would be easier to swap units than maps in my opinion.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, CMCC626 said:

Is your question about the process of doing a map swap? If so it all depends on what (if any) mod you want to do it for. Some are easier, some would be more or less impossible. Essentially you are looking at making significant map edits, including placing entry points, routes, calls, virtual objects, objects and possibly the vehicles depending on how the mod is scripted. Then you'd likely have to coordinate all of your changes into any applicable scripts, anywhere from 2 to over 10 scripts.

It would take countless hours for even someone who knew how to do it, and it would still probably be buggy as all get out.

I ported a private mod to the EM3 map from Winterberg, got everything more or less working and it was insanely buggy (of course it's pretty buggy in Winterberg too).

Bottom line is that it would be easier to swap units than maps in my opinion.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

No Itchboy was on the right topic