Oberfrankengamer

Amity Island Modification

Hi there,

long time there was no update because i'm working on another mod too. This is only my side project. However, today i worked on another small scenery on the map.

a1a5f20cb8a0e492937c91b83c666cbd.png8e621092faf9c443a629bdca3ec46f83.pnge4ffa467e6d99d679c6e8f85f17611ab.png21f2623de16ca22128b66ca72629b31d.png

As always i used lots of assets from sketchfab, free3d and blendswap. Authors are: renafox, joe_carrot, mik-art, kathiastaff, kojocci, vietboi17, TraianDumbrava, Jeff Smith, tpoveda and MGD Films

• Upvote 6

On 23.7.2017 at 10:57 PM, Oberfrankengamer said:

Unfortunately the mod will not be based in the 1970s because there are no 3D models of vehicles from that time available.

Rihis has created some beautiful cars from the 70s maybe you can use it in some way: 

http://lvmod.ucoz.lv/load/dodge_charger_1969/3-1-0-10

http://lvmod.ucoz.lv/load/plymouth_fury/3-1-0-13

What you have shown here is just amazing, keep up your good work!!!

Hi there,

at the moment there are no fire fighthing units ready to show off. But i finally finished the fire station and I'm working on the interior now.

But i brought screenshots of an Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor that i finished today.

see other post ...

I was heavily inspired by different cars from california. There will be more variants of this car present with different lightbars and paint scheme variations.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your replies. Here are some more screenshots. Thanks to RD_Saarland who gave me his version of the Crown Victoria Interceptor, personell and different police equipment.

bf49bf9e71239f81bbba8d7718698b3e.th.png933014e623d6b260eb6b8880cb72fbf0.th.png

Creators: RD_Saarland, Wittener, Flo. Wesermarsch, BMA, Saugschlauch, CG IDA, bama1234

Click on the image for a high resolution picture.

• Upvote 2

Those look great.

The most glaring issue is that your cruisers have both 'police' and 'sheriff' logos on them. 'Sheriff' and 'police' are not interchangeable. They are completely separate agencies.

I'd also like to ask about the polycounts on those cruisers, and the number of textures that each model uses because those lightbars (while quite nice) are too detailed for what Em4 needs. They're perfect for Em5 though and would be a big boost to the New Creek Mod.

6 hours ago, itchboy said:

The most glaring issue is that your cruisers have both 'police' and 'sheriff' logos on them. 'Sheriff' and 'police' are not interchangeable. They are completely separate agencies.

Thanks for the info i didn't know that. I will correct it. I'm not familiar with the US police, ems and fire departments organization.

6 hours ago, itchboy said:

I'd also like to ask about the polycounts on those cruisers

Around 8k Polys. With all childs up to 15k polys (depends on the configuration). They use a 2048x2048px texture. Childs share a 512x512px texture. While that are quit large polygon numbers i don't see any issue using them in EM4. There are alot Polish mods around where one truck has up to 40k polys and they work on my system just as fine. Lower spec graphics card (intel integrated) will of course suffer from this even to the point that the game won't load (?ERROR: Could not allocate memory for model vertex data (2083793237 Bytes)) because the graphics card has not enough ram for all the textures. As i wrote earlier the mod is not designed for such low spec systems.

1 hour ago, Oberfrankengamer said:

Thanks for the info i didn't know that. I will correct it. I'm not familiar with the US police, ems and fire departments organization.

Around 8k Polys. With all childs up to 15k polys (depends on the configuration). They use a 2048x2048px texture. Childs share a 512x512px texture. While that are quit large polygon numbers i don't see any issue using them in EM4. There are alot Polish mods around where one truck has up to 40k polys and they work on my system just as fine. Lower spec graphics card (intel integrated) will of course suffer from this even to the point that the game won't load (?ERROR: Could not allocate memory for model vertex data (2083793237 Bytes)) because the graphics card has not enough ram for all the textures. As i wrote earlier the mod is not designed for such low spec systems.

The only exception to the rule would be a joint city-county government such as Butte-Silver Bow in Montana. They have their sheriff and police as one organization, but they call it 'county police' instead of just sheriff or police.

As for the high end spec debate: If that's the direction you wish to take your mod, then thats totally fine. I still believe that your models would be more appropriate in Em5 because of that game engine being more suitable for the LOD of your models.

Hi there,

I'm now working together with Fire Dept. Boston on this mod.

Today i bring you an early preview of the fire station:

bcff372a1545a8eaab6eccb5ca124ba2.th.pngc76988a1cf3e0ae9d0c81fa810b4686e.th.png80e2f58f434206836410a93ed80259f7.th.png

The station was made by RD_Saarland and Fire Dept. Boston. It will be fully walkable with lots of things to do between callouts.

I will make an in depth preview as soon as the station is fully finished.

• Upvote 3