Ropie58

Again, modding EM5 Dutch Mod has stopped. Anyone interested in please taking over??

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry to tell you that the day before yesterday, I learned that ItsLeandro unfortunately decided to stop his cooperation on the further development of the Dutch Mod. He told me that he has lost his interest in continuing his modding activities in general, also due to other personal activities, and he found that playing the game has lost its attraction as well. Also, and I must admit that this is true, he noticed there were too little activities on the forum to show him that there is still an interest in either the Dutch mod or the EM5 game itself.  Although I stated, that it is a vicious circle that we are in at the moment, unfortunately, ItsLeandro didn’t fell for my argument:

“As long as EM5-players do not see any more updates to appear, there seems to be no reason for them to be active on our forum. And as long modders do not see any more activities on the forum, they see no reason to put any more time in the further development of the mod.”  

It is possible however that ItsLeandro will place a statement about the ending of his cooperation on the forum in due time, as I requested him to, but I have no certainty about his doing so. So that’s why I now chose to inform you players already. Naturally I was happy to work with him and I do think we really made some progress for which I truly thank him for. We even still had some great plans but, for me – out of the blue, ItsLeandro decided to stop.

For me, it is now very frustrating to see, for the fourth time in a row, that modders who worked happily on the Dutch Mod, they all decided to stop in the middle of their progress – all of them did so for personal reasons I’m sure. Obviously, there was nothing I could do, other then to respect their reasons.

Again, our Dutch mod has been left behind in the middle of its development and again, with this callout to you, I hope to find modders interested again in picking up the Dutch mod where it’s been left off and, with my help, they’re willing to bring the Dutch mod back to life. Naturally, again, I am offering my help to you guys as I was able to also work very pleasantly with all the modders working on our Dutch mod before you. If you are familiar with modding EM5 and you would like to pick up the Dutch mod for further development, please get in touch with me on the forum or through PM, and I’m sure we can work something out. Although I am Dutch myself, it is not necessary that you’re Dutch too if you're willing to give it a go. After all, at the time I worked with Ben12 as well while he was American.

To read my complete story, I would like to refer you to my message (see link below) I posted earlier this year on our forum (Section: Emergency 5 / General talk) on January 4, 2017.

I hope to hear from any of you soon to, again, try to finish the job.

Cheers!!

Robert.

Seems to be the same issue with the Em4 mod stagnation.

My observation is that projects fail because the ones with talent leave, and the ones left behind are the ones who dont know how to. The only way the cycle (mentioned in your post) can be broken is that someone takes time out of their day to make whatever needed content for their own modding project. If you want it badly enough, you'll be the one to take it by the reigns. Even a one man operation that is able to do three or four small tasks in a month is progress.

You're so right. The problem is, I don't know anything about modding as you probably know by now. All I did, with the moderators that worked on the Dutch mod, was giving them tips and advice about the looks and the works of the Dutch EMS, which they all appreciated very much.  It's frustating to see, over and over again, that each time you think you're getting somewhere with the further development of the Dutch mod, people "abandon ship"... 

So again I'm trying to get moderators on board, but this time - for the last time. Believe me, on each time there is an enthusiastic moderator who is willing to pick up the Dutch Mod for a further development, there is a lot of work in it fo me too. Getting acquainted wit each other, if only by mail, getting our noses in the same direction, providing him with the material I have, making plans with each other, coming up with new ideas and, most importantly, keeping the ball rolling... But all of this, I always do with great pleasure; and fortunately I can say that each moderator and I worked in great and pleasant harmony. So I can say one thing for sure: I was never the cause for their loosing their interest in continuing working on the mod. On the contrary: my enthuiasm often made them keep on going...

Just let's hope we can find someone again who is familiar with modding EM5 and interested in picking up the further development of the Dutch mod; hopefully in cooperation with me.

Cheers!!

Robert. 

I appreaciate (and can clearly see) your enthusiasm, but I really think that the only way this project is going to move forward is if you yourself learn how to mod. You will have to be the one to pilot this ship to shore before it sinks, so to speak.

You not knowing how to mod doesnt matter, as long as you start. Whether its tomorrow, next week or next month, it is better than never.

Em5 uses a vastly different model system, so step one for you would be to source all the needed software to convert an Em4 model to Em5. Doesnt have to be pretty, just get it working ingame with lights, doors, wheels, etc.