SydneySkinner

ILFORD MODIFICATION

21 hours ago, SydneySkinner said:

Hi All,

Ilford Modification is based in South London.

Soon we will have testing for this

Thankyou to all that support this modification.

Kind Regards
SydneySkinner

Sounds promising but I do recommend getting some screenshots or some gameplay on this forum as soon as you can just to raise people's interest in the project.

19 minutes ago, londonmedic said:

You know that Ilford is, err, not in South London?

You are correct it's in East London (judging by your name you know that lol)

Also just thought you would be better off in the European mod concepts section, a mod can move the topic for you though.

On 4/21/2017 at 0:15 PM, SydneySkinner said:

Soon we will have testing for this

If you are planning on using content from the London Mod such as the Atego above then please remember that no release of this mod can be given out (privately or publicly) so as to respect Mintcake's wishes highlighted below.

On 9/3/2009 at 1:22 PM, sniped222 said:

Please don’t PM me asking to use the London Mod (especially the map) as a starting point for ANY kind of submod…No permission will be given now…Or anytime in the future! 

9 minutes ago, Connor Brumleve said:

Im pretty sure you dont need permission if it is private, right? and is this due to large volume of permission requests?

If it is private then no (though as Itchboy pointed out credits still need to be given in screenshots), however if test versions or similar are being given out then it'd no longer be private, which goes against the original author's terms.

A lot of authors don't like their content being edited or used for a large variety of reasons, and they have every right to say so. I do not know the reason for this Mod but at the end of the day I don't believe it matters. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, SydneySkinner said:

Scrap this. All I'm getting from this is this and that from people I tried to do stuff and I cant. I'm terriable. I will keep the stuff I made for uJordy.

Well, when you want to use other people's content you have to be willing to follow their rules. After all, they took the time to create these things and sometimes they do not want other people using something that they put effort in to make. Of course there is content out there that people have made for others to use as well. There is some in our download center, and a huge library at www.emergency-forum.de. I believe that a large part of modding is about learning and creating, not copying and pasting. When making a mod you have to be willing to learn new things and get things done on your own. You'll always feel proud of the stuff you have managed to create knowing that it is in fact yours.

Over time you learn more and get a lot better at it, you just have to be patient. Here's an example of a unit I did in 2014 and my current WIP attempt at re-doing it:

TVp7urp.png

Olevinaa, Chidea, Skaihof, Lukas911, Miblitz, Geronimo EKIA, Florian Hagen, Engine.co.7, Pottyscotty

• Upvote 2