mr matt5432123

Map texture

Ok, ok, ok. I have been in and out of the editor for way too long trying to figure this thing out. I'm trying to figure out how to change the map texture, I tried opening the EFT file (that's the one, right?) with various programs such as paint.net, though, it says that it cannot open the file because the image type is not recognized. It must need to be unpacked, but I have no idea how I could do that, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

You cant open eft files. You need the original source .tga files to be able to edit the map texture. You can find sources for the original Em4 eft files within the DL center.

Once done with the edits, save the .tga file in accordance to the Em4 editor manual, and then import it into Em4 which will save it as an eft file.

22 hours ago, itchboy said:

You cant open eft files. You need the original source .tga files to be able to edit the map texture. You can find sources for the original Em4 eft files within the DL center.

Once done with the edits, save the .tga file in accordance to the Em4 editor manual, and then import it into Em4 which will save it as an eft file.

Hey itchboy, so thanks, I did that, and I made sure when I was done that the width and height was a multiple of 512, and I saved it as a 24-bit .TGA file and I within the scaling maximum, However, when I try to import it into the editor, I get a crash to desktop. Would you mind taking a look at it? 

16 hours ago, mr matt5432123 said:

Hey itchboy, so thanks, I did that, and I made sure when I was done that the width and height was a multiple of 512, and I saved it as a 24-bit .TGA file and I within the scaling maximum, However, when I try to import it into the editor, I get a crash to desktop. Would you mind taking a look at it? 

make sure it is uncompressed. if you need some more help i have imported/created/messed around with map textures a fair ammount.