chivvy147

New siren not making any noise

Hi all,

I have made a new siren for emergency 4 using audacity and exported as a WAV file like all the other sirens. I have put it into the correct sirens folder. Also finally have changed the LA Siren script so some vehicles have this siren. Sadly every time I attempt to activate it in game, there is no sound.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Chivvy147

9 hours ago, itchboy said:

Export the wav file as a mono 16 bit signed PCM. If its stereo or 32 bit, it wont work.

It has automatically been exported like that, but there is no information whether it is mono or stereo

It shoud show up in audacity. Open up the final exported wav file, and go to the leftmost side of the waveform window (above the mute and solo buttons), it should say 'Mono, 16000HZ' or similar. Number on the right shouldnt matter, but the word 'mono' is key.

12 hours ago, itchboy said:

It shoud show up in audacity. Open up the final exported wav file, and go to the leftmost side of the waveform window (above the mute and solo buttons), it should say 'Mono, 16000HZ' or similar. Number on the right shouldnt matter, but the word 'mono' is key.

well that probably explains the problem I had too.

On 12/04/2017 at 5:00 AM, itchboy said:

Managed to change it to stereo, now to text in game. Thanks for all the help