VHCal

Taking suggestions for a new mod

I think an airport mod would be nice, but I think its going to be oversaturated if we're just going to get another submod of CPH airport.

A unique concept which shouldnt be too far from an airport mod, is a port mod. I dont think there are any sea/water themed mods out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_Felixstowe

This locale might be an interesting thing to try. Has its own FD, PD and EMS apparently.

3 minutes ago, itchboy said:

I think an airport mod would be nice, but I think its going to be oversaturated if we're just going to get another submod of CPH airport.

A unique concept which shouldnt be too far from an airport mod, is a port mod. I dont think there are any sea/water themed mods out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_Felixstowe

This locale might be an interesting thing to try. Has its own FD, PD and EMS apparently.

Very interesting, I'll be sure to look into that.

I have recently created a poll in the British Police Mods Group and a newer London mod came out top, this wouldn't be a submod of the current London Mod, it would be different.

I want to create a mod that is instantly recognisable like the LA mod or the Bieberfelde mod, therefore it needs to be a city mod.

Ive already seen three London mods so far, one being the common one, and another two (private mods) being spin offs of the same location.

I feel that it wouldnt be worth your time reinventing the wheel and starting over, now that an entire fleet of functioning vehicles and scripts exist. My feeling is that many people simply want a somewhat accurate London map that captures the architecture, props and feel of the real city, combined with the existing vehicles and functions. Try going for something like say, the London playable city from Midtown Madness 2, scratch model some landmarks and alotta bldgs, props and of course set up the map texture to have things common to London. Road markings, roundabouts and sidewalks.

Ive already seen three London mods so far, one being the common one, and another two (private mods) being spin offs of the same location.

I feel that it wouldnt be worth your time reinventing the wheel and starting over, now that an entire fleet of functioning vehicles and scripts exist. My feeling is that many people simply want a somewhat accurate London map that captures the architecture, props and feel of the real city, combined with the existing vehicles and functions. Try going for something like say, the London playable city from Midtown Madness 2, scratch model some landmarks and alotta bldgs, props and of course set up the map texture to have things common to London. Road markings, roundabouts and sidewalks.

I really like that idea however I doubt I'd get any sort of permissions from the current London Mod to release a newer version.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Its not a continuation or a submod if it is a standalone map that uses absolutely no content from theirs. Someone making yet another (but completely scratch made) LA mod map for ex isnt making another full LA mod, but rather just another map that can be ported to any Em4 project.

Its not a continuation or a submod if it is a standalone map that uses absolutely no content from theirs. Someone making yet another (but completely scratch made) LA mod map for ex isnt making another full LA mod, but rather just another map that can be ported to any Em4 project.

Ok however, inexperienced users may get very confused by this.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, DannyisGamer said:

A Scotland mod would be nice with all the units being correct and updated maybe a custom map based on a town or city in Scotland

Ā 

I don't think there is a large enough following for a newĀ Scotland Mod.Ā 

6 hours ago, itchboy said:

The lack of a 'following' doesnt matter. The way modding usually goes, is that people love the mods as they come, rather than many people loving the city/country, therefore the mod comes into fruition.

I agree

Ā 

A Scotland is a great idea. I would happily help. I would recommend it not being a sub-mod so it can be released.

11 hours ago, itchboy said:

The lack of a 'following' doesnt matter. The way modding usually goes, is that people love the mods as they come, rather than many people loving the city/country, therefore the mod comes into fruition.

Ā 

4 hours ago, chivvy147 said:

I agree

Ā 

A Scotland is a great idea. I would happily help. I would recommend it not being a sub-mod so it can be released.

Okay, I will consider it.

In the meantime can you compile a list of units you would like to see for a Scotland mod?

I also spoke to mintcake69 and stated that there is a large following for a further version, I have been told if there a decision made to continue it I will be on the modding team.

57 minutes ago, itchboy said:

In the event that they take you up, make sure you're able to deliver what you promise ofc. Map texturing is actually pretty easy. The only limitation is the performance of your computer and its ability to edit these images without lagging.

My computer is pretty powerful, I have a GTX 970, Intel I5 Processor & 8GB RAM.

11 minutes ago, n00bingtarget said:

If you really want to do something like an Airport mod, how about something like a US Air Force Base?Ā  My wife is from KI Sawyer AFB before they closed down, and they had both airplane incidents, plus structural fire fighting, police, their own hospital and ambulance, etc.

Ā 

Ā 

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion however, I'm starting to get bored of airport mods and this sounds like a combination of the US Army Mod and the Copenhagen Mod.