Dmunden

Learning to mod

Hey All,

Sorry to post if it's been posted already. I have a few questions if you guys don't mind. I've searched through the forums and didn't find what I was looking for. 

So i would like to know how to import .dds files, I would assume this is how you change around the textures and such in the game with vehicles,

Here is my overall goal:

I would like to build onto the current LA mod map. Adding more streets, maybe a firehose or two. Or just removing some buildings adding another station or two. I would be adding accidents and a few more random events. I know very little about modding. I know the basics of changing the free play xml fire to increase and decrease the money, weather, event intervals, etc. 

How do i go about doing this the simplest way? 

I have the adobe CC and blender. 

This is only personal

Learn and understand the basics of C programming, the synax, operations and how to do simple tasks. Afterwards, go into the Em4 scripts that are relevant like LA mod's fireStationStart, toFireStation, and so on. Understand how those work. Then the biggest step would be to add a new addition for the stations you want. Last one would be trial and error along with bugtesting to see if the added functions work as intended.