freakinfuzzball

VO Parking Issue

Hello, I am in the process of moving the headquarters station around a little in my version of Mayberry mod and I'm having some serious parking issues.

I made the station into a pull-through style bay instead of the split building that is originally in the map.  This obviously meant that the bay is considerably skinnier and the VO's for the parking spots would need to moved into their new spots.  

Well.... I moved everything back to fit the new bay and now NOTHING parks.  All vehicles turn in and look like they're lined up, and then park outside the station.  It looks like they try to get as close as possible to the VO but they can't enter the station.  Again, no VOs were changed, they were just relocated.

I have attached pictures of their placement.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

EM4 2017-02-24 20-06-36-998.jpg

EM4 2017-02-24 20-06-48-413.jpg

EM4 2017-02-24 20-06-55-221.jpg

EM4 2017-02-24 20-07-32-933.jpg

If you place a truck in the editor does it fit within the bounds of the VO, also, attach a copy or pm me a copy of your to_station script and I'll look at it.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

Also, do the garage doors function?

4 minutes ago, CMCC626 said:

If you place a truck in the editor does it fit within the bounds of the VO, also, attach a copy or pm me a copy of your to_station script and I'll look at it.

Also, do the garage doors function?

Doors function completely fine.  

Yes, yes the trucks do fit the VO's, as I said above the VO shapes weren't changed at all, which is why I'm so confused as to why they don't work...

Could the barricade VO''s between vehicles be too close or something?

LAToFireStation.script

31 minutes ago, itchboy said:

You need to toy with the 'physics' and collision boxes of the vehicles that belong in the station. Make it smaller than the actual model bounds and test some more.

16295298_1015037421935860_1663523217_n.p

I'll give it a try.  Why would that need to be adjusted when the models haven't changed at all, and neither have the VO's, just repositioning @itchboy?

The game uses those boxes as reference points to the size of the vehicle. If it detects the size as being too big to get to a specific target (the FS park spot for ex that goes in between two building posts), then the vehicle will not continue its movement and instead find another way to get to the target point.

The game uses those boxes as reference points to the size of the vehicle. If it detects the size as being too big to get to a specific target (the FS park spot for ex that goes in between two building posts), then the vehicle will not continue its movement and instead find another way to get to the target point.

Essentially its the physics bounding box that the game sees, not the model itself is what you are saying, correct?

Yeap, but only if 'Always use physics geom' is ticked.

It sees the model itself if the tickbox isnt set. The game uses that green bounding box you see in the editor as its reference. Oftentimes though, thats too much and you need to compensate by making it a bit smaller so that it fits into park spots.

On 2/26/2017 at 9:17 PM, CMCC626 said:

Out of curiosity, if you place the vehicles on the map so that they are there when the game starts are they able to move?

Negative, they cannot move out of the station when they're placed there from the start.

On 2/27/2017 at 1:22 PM, Mark Flamerine Curley said:

For some reason, some models/vehicles are locked and if you have the script where you need someone in the vehicle to move it, then for those vehicles, no. For the rest of the vehicles, if you put an officer/paramedic/firefighter near it then you should be able to after you put the person in the vehicle

The mod does feature the script that limits movement when no one is inside, however, it doesnt seem to be having an effect on it, people in the vehicle or not they still don't park.

There is a video of the issue, with the vehicles placed on the map as suggested by @CMCC626.  As you can see, not only are the vehicles not able to move, but additionally personnel avoid the inside of the station when walk to vehicles.  Once again, nothing about any of the VO's was changed other than their location, they're still all named the same and have the same properties as they do in the base Mayberry mod where they work fine.

I maybe know the problem. Did you changed the model of the station or is it a new model?
Are your stettings looks like this (look at "Placement") ?
em42017-03-0222-08-461qlm4.png

Maybe the vehicles and units dont move, because they are "blocked" by the station.
If there is any Problem after changing to no collision, try "none"
After you deleted the "Collision" you have to put VO as a virtuell wall.

18 minutes ago, Fire Dept. Boston said:

I maybe know the problem. Did you changed the model of the station or is it a new model?
Are your stettings looks like this?
em42017-03-0222-08-461qlm4.png

Maybe the vehicles and units dont move, because they are "blocked" by the station.
If there is no "Collision" you have to put VO as a virtuell wall.

You fixed it!!! That appears to have been exactly what the issue was!! Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, freakinfuzzball said:

Negative, they cannot move out of the station when they're placed there from the start.

The mod does feature the script that limits movement when no one is inside, however, it doesnt seem to be having an effect on it, people in the vehicle or not they still don't park.

There is a video of the issue, with the vehicles placed on the map as suggested by @CMCC626.  As you can see, not only are the vehicles not able to move, but additionally personnel avoid the inside of the station when walk to vehicles.  Once again, nothing about any of the VO's was changed other than their location, they're still all named the same and have the same properties as they do in the base Mayberry mod where they work fine.

mind if i ask what mod is this? and the names for all of the units that you see in the station (like rescue 1, engine 4, etc.)?

18 hours ago, Connor Brumleve said:

mind if i ask what mod is this? and the names for all of the units that you see in the station (like rescue 1, engine 4, etc.)?

It's my own private mod I've been working on for a few years with the help of some others.  It's based off of 4 different departments in my area in Southern Oregon, combining certain things from all of them to come up with this fictional department.  

As far as unit numbering, again it uses the same system that is used in my area:
The first two numbers in the unit number (23--) are the department identifier, so all units from this department begin with 23--. The second two numbers identify the type of vehicle and its station number. 

Engines are 01-19 (Typically first out's begin with 0-, and reserves with 1-.  2301 first out, 2311 reserve) 

Aerials: 20-29

Rescue/Ambulances: 30-39

Tenders: 40-49

Staff/Chief Officers: 50-59

Wildland Engines: 60-69

Misc. (Fire marshal/investigator, fleet management, sometimes additional wildland apparatus): 70-89

90-99: Technical Rescue

The only exception is the 3 Battalion Chiefs in the area which are Battalion 1,2 and 3.  

My mod is laid out the same way:

Station 1:

• Battalion 1
  • 2301 (Engine)
  • 2321 (Truck)
  • 2331 (Ambulance)
  • 2341 (Tender)
  • 2351 (Fire Chief)
  • 2361 (Wildland Engine)
  • 2371 (Dep. Fire Marshall) 
  • 2391 (Tech. Rescue)

Station 2: 

• 2302 (Engine)
  • 2332 (Ambulance)
  • 2362 (Wildand/Urban Interface Engine)

Station 3:

• 2303 (Engine)
  • 2333 (Ambulance)
  • 2343 (Tender)

Station 4:

• 2304 (Engine)
  • 2384 (Air/Light and Tech. Rescue Support)

8 hours ago, freakinfuzzball said:

It's my own private mod I've been working on for a few years with the help of some others.  It's based off of 4 different departments in my area in Southern Oregon, combining certain things from all of them to come up with this fictional department.  

As far as unit numbering, again it uses the same system that is used in my area:
The first two numbers in the unit number (23--) are the department identifier, so all units from this department begin with 23--. The second two numbers identify the type of vehicle and its station number. 

Engines are 01-19 (Typically first out's begin with 0-, and reserves with 1-.  2301 first out, 2311 reserve) 

Aerials: 20-29

Rescue/Ambulances: 30-39

Tenders: 40-49

Staff/Chief Officers: 50-59

Wildland Engines: 60-69

Misc. (Fire marshal/investigator, fleet management, sometimes additional wildland apparatus): 70-89

90-99: Technical Rescue

The only exception is the 3 Battalion Chiefs in the area which are Battalion 1,2 and 3.  

My mod is laid out the same way:

Station 1:

• Battalion 1
  • 2301 (Engine)
  • 2321 (Truck)
  • 2331 (Ambulance)
  • 2341 (Tender)
  • 2351 (Fire Chief)
  • 2361 (Wildland Engine)
  • 2371 (Dep. Fire Marshall) 
  • 2391 (Tech. Rescue)

Station 2: 

• 2302 (Engine)
  • 2332 (Ambulance)
  • 2362 (Wildand/Urban Interface Engine)

Station 3:

• 2303 (Engine)
  • 2333 (Ambulance)
  • 2343 (Tender)

Station 4:

• 2304 (Engine)
  • 2384 (Air/Light and Tech. Rescue Support)

Nice!