mr matt5432123

ARFF Pack

Hey guys! I've finally finished my first model, or at least the base of it. I'm debating on weather I should be adding the rest of it on the physical base model, or as childs. Anyways, the model is the old version of the Oshkosh Striker 3000. I also plan to model many other ARFF units too! Such as other variations of the striker, and the Oshkosh Storm, the Oshkosh P-19, and many others too!

Planned units so far:

Old Oshkosh Striker 3000 - Done

Oshkosh P-19 - Nearly Done

Here are the pics of the Old Oshkosh Striker 3000 which is nearly done, it obviously needs some texture touchups, and some cosmetic items which I'll add as childs. P.S. Constructive criticism is always welcome!

Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (25).png

Screenshot (26).png

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, mr matt5432123 said:

Hey guys! I've finally finished my first model, or at least the base of it. I'm debating on weather I should be adding the rest of it on the physical base model, or as childs. Anyways, the model is the old version of the Oshkosh Striker 3000. I also plan to model many other ARFF units too! Such as other variations of the striker, and the Oshkosh Storm, the Oshkosh P-19, and many others too!

Planned units so far:

Old Oshkosh Striker 3000 - Nearly Done

Old Oshkosh Striker 1500

New Oshkosh Striker 3000

Oshkosh P-19

Oshkosh Storm

And More!

Here are the pics of the Old Oshkosh Striker 3000 which is nearly done, it obviously needs some texture touchups, and some cosmetic items which I'll add as childs. P.S. Constructive criticism is always welcome!

Awesome!

• Upvote 1

Alright! I think I've finished the model to my liking! However, I figured out that I'm quite terrible at making circles in blender, so I'm showing it with the crash tender wheels by Hoppah in the LA mod. And all the emergency lighting has been added as childs, I did this so that when people use it, they'll be forced to add their own lighting and we'll be able to see some variety, and I did not make any of the emergency lighting either, credit goes to EmC-unit for that.

So this is it! Any last recommendations of anything I should add? And I've added a poll in the thread, please vote on what unit I should make next!

oshkosh 2.PNG

oshkosh.PNG

Oshkosh 3.PNG

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Final product looks great man.

For selfish reasons, I wanted LA but I think those Colet ARFF's are a bit hard to do. I think you should just go with what you want. Doesnt have to be an airport.

Whoa! I've never heard of Colet, I thought that LA still mainly used that one from the original LA mod. I just searched one of those up and they look amazing! once I get a little more experienced I'm definitely gonna try to make one.

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

The Rosenbauer is another one that LA uses, but I believe a German model for it already exists.

The fucntionallity I built for articulated cannons would work well with what you're doing as well.

That looks like a nice script! I hope you'll be able to implement that on to some of these rigs once I get them released! Do you think it would be possible to make a script that allows the vehicle to use both it's roof turret and bumper turret? I've been pondering this for awhile.

Multiple cannons at once can be done. Its just complex and requires you make 2 'dummy' vehicles for every cannon you want put in. Pain in the ass for editor work and might confuse people trying to implement it into their own projects.

If it has to be done, I'd advise making it so that there are only 2, at most, three vehicles with this functionallity.

Wow, that some impressive work, Both from you MR.MATT and Itchboy! I've looked up the script that makes it possible to use multiple cannon's I've played around with it for a bit during the build of my own private airport mod. you can find it here: http://www.emergency-forum.de/filebase/index.php?entry/1611-vier-löschkanonen-auf-einem-flf-scripts-fahrzeug/ 

It's not that hard to understand. It comes with a testmod and if you have a close look at the way that is assembled in combination with the scriptfile itself it's actually not that hard to implement in your own mods. 

If you want to play around with the script and bump into any questions or errors do not hesitate to ask for help!

I'm realy looking forward to seeing what you've got in store for us next!

And Itchboy, amazing work on the snozzle! Hope we can use it one day!

Sincerely,

DMC

14 hours ago, itchboy said:

The Rosenbauer is another one that LA uses, but I believe a German model for it already exists.

The fucntionallity I built for articulated cannons would work well with what you're doing as well.

Woah! I can't belive it. An actual working snozzle in em4!

That`s a nice idea with the Snozzle.
@mr matt5432123
It would be awesome, if you could do more details on the roof
q-Oshkosh-T1500-Refurbishment-25.JPG

Here a Link to a company which do Refubishments on ARFFs, with a lot of pictures:
http://www.firetrucksunlimited.com/fire-apparatus/1409-villa-air-1995-oshkosh-t1500-refurbishment/

I had changed a bit hoppahs ARFF (my account-picture) if you want textures for your vehicle I send you a Dropbox-link
vorschau6ouug.png

(Authors: Hoppah, Hennefer95, MadMonk, Fire Dept. Boston, Itchboy, dmn, RK-1000, NNICO)

• Upvote 1

Nice! I didn't know it was gonna look that good! nice job on it! And I got another surprise! Due to there being no good blueprints for the old striker 1500, I went on the the P-19! It's pretty much done, all I really gotta do is scale it up a little, but I'm too lazy to do that right now, I'll finish it up later.

p19.PNG

p192.PNG

p193.PNG

p194.PNG