Fire Dept. Boston

Fire Dept. Boston`s Showroom

Well, that type of game concept already exists. Big callouts with expensive purchasable units that need to be replaced, maintained, etc.

My own missionscript concept is basically standard Em4, but with 'distractions' such as additional objectives for battalion chiefs, EMS captains, and police investigation. I added these in so that there is more depth to the callouts and people dont get bored too easilly.

For the NY 2.0, While i really hope it is gonna come out, its on hold and no update for over a year, it might be a long while till it comes out. Also that is based in a big city.

It would be intresting to see something like Montana mod, small city, old units all that. Then you can upgrade your fire station, equipment, fire trucks, but you also have to purchase your backup vehicles. So before you can send a SWAT team, You have to buy a SWAT SUV, Some equipment for it, and 6 men. It would be complicated to make, but would be supercool! Even if you go less in depth, but just buying the truck with everything included would be cool!

3 hours ago, RangerDog said:

It would be intresting to see something like Montana mod, small city, old units all that. Then you can upgrade your fire station, equipment, fire trucks, but you also have to purchase your backup vehicles. So before you can send a SWAT team, You have to buy a SWAT SUV, Some equipment for it, and 6 men. It would be complicated to make, but would be supercool! Even if you go less in depth, but just buying the truck with everything included would be cool!

Requirements for purchasing vehicles are possible. Ive tried adding custom 'points' and 'requirements' for Em4. Its a pain in the ass, and complex AF, but can be done.

Upgrading stations is unheard of in Em4, and probably requires alot of map/editor work, combined with scriptwork but I can see it being done.

This could be a better alternative to that 'Firefighters 2014' game that came out. It had a similar concept of RTS, but you had to mircomanage your station, add furnitute (like the Sims) and your staff too.

Another game this concept reminds me of is 911 Operator. Its basically Em4 without visible 3D graphics for units and the game world.

Here's my missionscript type deal. It kinda works, but its still rather simplistic.

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

Requirements for purchasing vehicles are possible. Ive tried adding custom 'points' and 'requirements' for Em4. Its a pain in the ass, and complex AF, but can be done.

Upgrading stations is unheard of in Em4, and probably requires alot of map/editor work, combined with scriptwork but I can see it being done.

This could be a better alternative to that 'Firefighters 2014' game that came out. It had a similar concept of RTS, but you had to mircomanage your station, add furnitute (like the Sims) and your staff too.

Another game this concept reminds me of is 911 Operator. Its basically Em4 without visible 3D graphics for units and the game world.

Here's my missionscript type deal. It kinda works, but its still rather simplistic.

I believe RTS Bieber, or that Medical mod had something simulair to that, but again i am not familiair with scripting for em4 so you probably know it etter.

To keep it simple in the beggining, mayby have a closed down bay, or have different parts which are invisible at first, and once you buy it they become visible and can be used?

The idea sounds fun, but in Em4 there is mostly no time for that kind of micromanagment i think.

True that, with equipment etc, its just not the same, but i get the point.

That looks really cool, mayby you could assign more specific tasks like, "Prevent the fire from reaching the donut shop". Or when it is a big fire "Get a second alarm response", "Setup a command post" if its a third alarm and that kind of stuff.

Yet again, i don't know what or whatnot is posible in Em4, i try to keep it as realistisch as posible.

Its too much work having specific objectives like 'dont burn the donut shop' but its possible to have a 'setup cmd post' or 'second alarm' type setup.

RTS Bieb had upgrading vehicles, but not the station. Having more bays for ex, would take alotta time and programming.