Fire Dept. Boston

Fire Dept. Boston`s Showroom

@itchboy

I planed a lot of vehicles to build for my mod. But there are some smaller projects, which I want to do.
For Example a Unimog 416 "TLF 8/18" ( TLF -> Tanker with ~475 gal watertank and a pump with ~211 gpm)
Feuerwehr_Gernsbach5.jpg
Like this: http://www.sos-pictures.de/details.php?image_id=36260

@freakinfuzzball

I maybe do a Vehicle with a Enforcer cab.  The Ladder-Truck seems to fit in my mod-concept.
But without a pump, because I don`t like rigs in em4 which you can use for every call-out.

9 hours ago, freakinfuzzball said:

i would love to see a Pierce Dash CF cab or Enforcer (don't think either has been made in this community yet), and an Ascendant aerial would be even more amazing! 

Keep up the good work, the brush looks awesome!

i got something pretty close to a pierce enforcer from a model based off the arrow xt i think i have a picture of it somewhere but yeah an ascendant would be nice! 

Dear Guys,
I`m working on a modification concept. Now I want to ask which of the Ideas you Guys preefer and to ask the scripters which is more possible.

First idea: A classic singleplayer/multiplayer modification like bieberfelde and northview. There should be two towns
with a lot of apparatus.
Second idea:  A Mission-Script modification like wegberg and dortheim. Dortheim is a german mod in which you can buy vehicles for your own fire dept.
( like in this video: https://youtu.be/VGN25F9prfA?t=29m8s). The Player should start on a small map with the firehouse and maybe
with two vehicles. While playing the player gets money which he can use to upgrade the firehouse, equipment and apparatus.
But I want to implement a mapchange. The problem is that I don´t know enough for this scripting. Is there are a way to make a mod
like this? Could it be work like "autosafe before call-out, mapchange, after all work is done load the old safegame, add a random number of money"?

@bma You are working on a Special operation mod which have these features. How do you implement these features?

Ive been working my own concept for the last year and a half, and so far have a few new-ish callouts working.

No map change, I dont like the concept. Gameplay all takes place on one single FP map with the normal stations, commands, etc. 

A big limitation in the code (due to my lack of ability, plus lack of time) is that only one event can be played at any time. Cant have multi callouts at once.

Em4 itself is quite limited script-wise, so the most you can do with missionscripts would be the same as default Em4 FP, but with one or two added elements like questioning witnesses, collecting evidence, or the custom GUI upgrade menu that US Army mod has for ex.

19 hours ago, Fire Dept. Boston said:

@bma You are working on a Special operation mod which have these features. How do you implement these features?

Yeah, its true i'm working on something a bit like that. 

BUT! it's not possible to use it in either Freeplay or Multiplayer, it needs to be campain missions and they can therefor only be singleplayer 

However, loading new maps are super easy and is done with a single line of code. 

Game::LoadMap("mod:Maps/SOM_Base.e4m");

I would warn you though, if you decide to go down that path, bye bye freetime It will require you to make a huge ton of maps and the mod will become very huge, very fast  

@bma Thanks for the informations and the advices. Well, I know the work with this huge mods. I was a member of the Langenselbold Mod Team.
We had a MapChange Script, tons of maps and apparatus, too (and yep a lot of work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).
Maybe I do the best I can do with the freeplay, or made It without mapChange.

Today I finished the work on the GMC Brush Truck. Here a picture:
gmcn9ute.png

Authors: Fire Dept. Boston and Hoppah

During the day maybe the download will be released.

@RangerDogThat could be possible. The Germersheim Mod is working like that, you have your call-out, but with more interaction.
For example a emergency doctor or paramedic have to check the victim in a car-crash, after that the fire dept can make their work.
I want to make it more like a simulation, but without a lot of clicks for a simple task, but with more interaction with the money.

@FInn Rescue 12Feel free to use it. I would be happy to see what you guys do with my content.

There are enough mods which are like the Los Angeles mod (and that`s okay) but I want to make this mod a bit different. A other gaming-feeling.
The Ideas I have are possible in the singleplayer. In multiplayer.. I don`t know. In Singleplayer you start with a old firehouse with two old rigs.
Other vehicles can you call from outside the map. You can update your firehouse with more places for your Apparatus and buy new/old equiment.
With the Call-Outs you get your money. And buy apparatus like: Mack CF Towerladder 12.000$ / E-One Ladder 15.000$ / Pierce Quint 25.000$ / ....
In Multiplayer maybe the 4-Players have 4 Stations like this and can upgrade their stations like in singleplay.