Yoshe

Help.

I'm new to modding and such, and I've been trying to figure these things out myself, but I've failed to do so, so, if anyone who knows could help out, then thank you.

1. I'm trying to make the map larger, how do you add the roads? Like the texture roads.

2. How do you turn a .dds file into a .e4p or .v3o files?

16 minutes ago, Yohji said:

I'm new to modding and such, and I've been trying to figure these things out myself, but I've failed to do so, so, if anyone who knows could help out, then thank you.

1. I'm trying to make the map larger, how do you add the roads? Like the texture roads.

2. How do you turn a .dds file into a .e4p or .v3o files?

1. Its not possible to make maps bigger. Almost all freeplay maps are already the biggest size that there is. But you can work on maps by finding a jpg version of the map and then manipulate it in photoshop/gimp/whatever problem you use.

2. Thoose are 3 totallt different types of files, so you can just turn one into the others. 

- DDS: is a picture file, it can be turned into jpg/bmp/png files, but the standard game uses dds because they take up less space. 
- e4p: is the prototype files, and is the games way of combining a v3o model, with commands, lights, ect. They are created in the editor
- v3o : is a model file and can be created with Zmodels2 or Zmodels3. It usually have a dds files conected to it, for textures.